1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Ten Most Decadent Options

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you love yourself so much that you would do anything to make you happy? Surely that devotion extends to your car, and we have a list of the ten most decadent options you can find. Just to make things clear, we’re not talking about modern necessities such as cruise control or air conditioning. We’re talking about excessive self-indulgence to the extent that some might consider it moral decay. Of course, those ethically righteous types probably only frown on such extravagance because they can’t afford all this awesome stuff. These items don’t make your car perform any better, either. Their sole purpose is to make you say, “Thank you, myself,†every time you use them.

The Ten Most Decadent Options- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, I do. I'm pretty sure you already knew that, right?

Seriously, the only car on that list I have personally sat in is the Lexus LS 460L. I have no idea how it drives and handles, but just sitting in the showroom, the seats are light years beyond anything in a Prius or FJ

Especially the rear seats. Mmmmmmm so nice ... SLAP .... I'm good

Of course, my FJ has a plastic floor. I feel a lot less guilty stepping into that thing with salty/slushy boots on in winter, or muddy boots on in summer. If I had a new 460L and got into it with muddy boots, I'd probably cry

3. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    "You might think that $12,100 for 1600 tiny lights in the headliner (a mere $7.56 per light) is over the top; but how would you know? We certainly can’t afford a Rolls -Royce Phantom, but if we could, this dramatic—and pointless—option’s box would be the first one we’d tick."

Charles Stewart Rolls & Henry Royce offered this "option" for free in this their 1904 "10-hp"
    Rollsroyce1905.jpg

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yea, even the new RX SUV seats recline. It's always the features I'd like that get put out, right after I buy the prior year model. sigh. Then again, some of those features are too over the top ... I'd be all ready to sing Bruce Hornsby music (driving by poor people) "get a job". crazy

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes yes lol.

No kidding, eh? My dad said, "I'm not driving this. I'm sitting right here. You drive."

What about a tC with reclining rear seats too lol.