1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Thuggery is coming to an end!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Just accpeted a job offer in sunny Tampa, Florida!!! Yipeeeeeee!!! Year round biking, and no more need to wear a shirt and tie!!!!! I will actually be busy!

:lol:

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :eek:

congrats, squid!

3. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 9 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]268570[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations! The west coast of Florida might as well pay in sunsets - enjoy!

When will you be making the move? We pity the folks that move in right before hurricane season really gets rolling =P

4. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jun 9 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]268571[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ Jun 9 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]268572[/snapback]</div>
    You said it! The west coast of FL to me, is like a constant reminder of those warm sunny days when I was a kid. All those wonderful golden toned afternoons New England seems to lack so much of is just about a daily occurrence in FL... I love taking a few moments to watch the sun fully go below the horizon on St. Pete's beach... Besides, it was time for a change on sooo many levels!

I'll be heading down next Friday, first day at the new gig. is the 19th (14 month job search, uggh!!!)... As for the upcoming hurricane season, well, I've been going down to FL relatively regularly for the last 4 years (maybe spend a total of 6-8 weeks per year there), so I pretty much know what to expect!

Damn, CAN'T WAIT to RIDE to work now that I'm back within the casual world! Woo-hoo!!!!

:D

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yaey Squid!

Welcome to Florida! I didnt realize geologyrox is also a nieghbor to the north :)

Maybe we will have a get together in orlando this summer? it seems to be the 1/2 way point im 30min north of Orlando ... :D

Lets just say its Hot here in Tx..... :( this morning at 1am it was 88* today its supposed to be 100 - 101 :(

Well thats all for now ya'll take care ;)

6. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 9 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]268575[/snapback]</div>
    Hey- good luck with the move and congrats on the new job. Burn the ties.

7. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats Squidly ! :)

But do keep in touch, really.

8. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 9 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]268570[/snapback]</div>
    Another example of the mass exodus of the Massachusetts brain trust.

Oh well, enjoy the hurricanes and don't move into a trailer. Tampa is due, right? B)

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 9 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]268570[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats MS!

10. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

I'm not sure what the job is that doesn't require a shirt :blink: but enjoy the sun and beaches. Hopefully pants are still expected :D

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike0422 @ Jun 9 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]268685[/snapback]</div>
    Shirts aren't required.
    And when their work really begins, neither are pants. :eek:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/index.html

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I absolutely cannot picture Squid in a tie. This is the first time I've ever wished I knew how to use Photoshop. A squid in a tie. Hee, hee, hee.

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats, Squid. I've had many friends who came down from NE (Mass in particular) to go to school at USC and now refuse to go back.

14. Mystery Squid

Thanks for all the well-wishes! Today will very likely be my last as a "regular" (much to the cheers of a probably very large contingency! :lol: ), but I have to say, THIS has been/IS the BEST board I've ever had the opportunity to haunt on a daily basis, the mod squad really rocks! :D The "bar" is set really high here, even the occasional flame wars are FAR from boring, undignified, one liner's chock full of expletives... I really have to say, Prius owners ARE a very unique bunch (even the militant leftist Communists!), seriously, bumping into a Prius owner, increases your chances of having an interesting conversation by like 110%... :D Prius owners = interesting people, no doubt.

So now, I get to turn the page into the next chapter of my existence, and proceed to stalk danman and docvijay on their own turfs down in Tampa... :lol:

- Joe

15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Dammit Squiddy! As soon as I read your original post I wanted to write "Run for the hills, DanMan!" but you beat me to the joke.

Congrats on the new position. Come back and haunt us from time to time.

16. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    whoa!! your name isn't actually squid? :lol:

well you have had one hell of an interesting run, Joe. don't forget to pop in every now and then. good luck with the move and everything!