1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Toyota Juggernaut Keeps Rolling at High Speed

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had hoped to find an appropriate Japanese myth, proverb or quotation to begin this column about the growth and success of Toyota and Lexus in the U.S. last year. But while thinking about it, I began opening the afternoon’s deluge of emails when one from the Toyota pressroom caught my attention. The subject heading of it does a far better job of setting-up the success than any myth, proverb or quotation. Simple, straight, strong … the headline was:

Toyota’s North American Vehicle Production
    Surpasses 1.55 Million Units in 2005

The release from Toyota’s manufacturing unit, went on to list nine investments, over $1 billion in total, made in new or upgraded manufacturing facilities in America in 2005. And that was in addition to $1.4 billion investments that are going on-line this year. And that’s on top of an earlier release announcing a new all time sales record of 2,260,296 vehicles from Toyota, Lexus and Scion. A 10.1 percent increase over 2004.

Full Story

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I consider Toyota HALF a domestic company.

But its brains are in Japan.

3. cgraham

cgraham Member

You got that right. It's nice to see some insourcing for a change! :lol:

C