1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Underappreciated Calamari

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by airportkid, Mar 22, 2006.

1. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    First, an observation: Let’s hope the Squid’s employer never buys a Prius and develops an interest in PriusChat because if that ever happens we’ll lose the Squid to whatever it is his employer thinks he’s supposed to be spending his time working on, if he doesn’t fire him first, and that would be a terrible loss to us all.

The Squid’s been dealt more than his share of lumps in these threads, and he’s given as good as he’s got, aided no doubt by the thick rubbery skin squids are known for, but it’s high time the Squid got a long overdue commemoration from us for extraordinary achievement on this board, and high eights to his tentacles from us all! Somewhere in the dense seaweed of these threads someone remarked that Squid was the #1 attention whore on PriusChat. True, every word, and there is no higher compliment. Look at the folders the Squid pumps out thick as squid’s ink – every one blazing red with PC interest, boiling over with responses, and scalding to the touch for weeks at a time. It’s a performance utterly unparalleled in this universe!

The Squid occupies the other side of the political, philosophical and culinary fences from me about 93% of the time, but he makes me think. And, gods of blather bless ‘im, he makes us all think. Sometimes we think about how best to strangle a squid that’s got loose, but by and large he’s got us thinking all over the limitless map of human foibles and adventures, provoking discussion serious, silly, preposterous, sublime, worthless and priceless, often all in one sentence.

So here’re my eight cheers for the Squid; let’s hear more!

And may his employer always drive Buicks and never get wise to the fact that the internet is not some new kind of volleyball innovation.

Go Squid!

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you, thank you! :bows:

I couldn't have done it without y'all!!

:D

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Unless that employer is malorn :eek:

4. Mystery Squid

You've figured it out Tripp!

:lol:

5. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

Mark, you forgot that all these abilities of Squid's and his refinement come from always striving for "Urination Ground Zero" when he urinates:

An excerpt from Mystery Squid's personal website:

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:27 am
    "Whenever I urinate, I make sure to do so in a way that produces a stream of foam to each side of the stream of urine, such that the foam moves around the each side of the circumference of the toilet, collides at the 6 o'clock position, and join into one stream of foam back up to just under the 12 o'clock position, which is "Urination Ground Zero".

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Maybe someone's actually paying him to post here, and that's his real job, for some nefarious purpose that nobody's yet figured out, like one of those convoluted spy movies where you never do figure out what happened or why.

7. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Personally, the squid is really annoying, and not that bright. But, at least he knows it; he at least calls himself a squid.

For those of you who don't know, a squid is a sportbike (motorcycle) rider that typically does stupid things, and rides with little regard for safety of themselves or others. They generally wear little or no safety gear and dart in and out of traffic. No one is really sure where the name came from, but it's a pretty good description, imagine a bright pink object flying through the air (after crashing) with arms and legs flailing, looking much like a squid.

My buddy and I saw a guy wearing nothing but swim trunks, flip flops and sunglasses riding on the highway in Boulder, darting in and out of traffic. "What a squid!" my buddy said.

Anyway, being a squid is not something to be proud of. Generally your fate is that you are eventually splattered across the interstate.

Here's a video of some squids:

http://www.henry.martinez.net/videos/2ndplace.htm

Nate

8. Mystery Squid

Yeah, you got it Nate, anyone who doesn't Bush bash because all their friends do, CAN'T possibly be bright, right? :lol:

I feed on your hate and annoyance. :D

bTW, AWESOME vid. link!

My personal favorite, and specialty, is the stand up wheelie... The best is when you fly between two cars on one wheel at like 110... Just watch the opening sequence to the movie "Torque"... :lol: :lol:

9. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

and brightness continues to shine through posts as such

10. Mystery Squid

BTW, I thought of you as I urinated today... :lol:

11. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So, Squid, you are the one who named yourself "Squid." You are obviously proud of your own lack of common sense, don't blame me for noticing. Not sure how Bush relates to squids. Oh wait, I got it, they're both not very bright.

So Squid, are you an Engineer, perhaps? Or Mathmatician? Doctor? Physicist? University Professor? Just curious.

Nate

12. Mystery Squid

Professional "Liberal Agitator"

13. v.jones

v.jones New Member

Hmm, is "Liberal Agitator" a euphemism for Organ Donor in Training? :p

Vince

14. dsunman

dsunman New Member

squidly-boy,

It's amusing and entertaining that you seem to thump into a massive hyperbole whenever anyone mentions Dumbya in a negative perspective, if he deserves it let be, any political leader gets a barrage of justifiable or unjustifiable criticism. SO WHAT! :D

Let me ask you this, do you worship THE SUPER BEING infallible Dumbya? Or is this a cult of some kind a la male equivalent of Bene Gesserit? What makes you a such a die-hard fanatical defender and follower of his, I always wonder? Is he a human being or GOD to you?
    Tell us, we should know. Can you expand on the tribalism and your chieftain you seem to be so obsessed with? Shedding some light might be very intriguing and actually a revelation about some psychological and sociological perturbations. A disclosure of your superego could be absorbing! Does it come from Mein Kampf your favorite literary work or maybe not? We have learnt so far about your urinating rituals etc, what else might be there revealing in the squidly persona?

All posters that disagree with you are always being labeled with HATE of some kind, frothing, illogical etc. Has it ever occurred to you that in the same manner you're the ONE that is regurgitating HATE to all opposing your point of view?
    We know, your HATE is justifiable, because is always supported by your own LOGIC, as you claim! :blink:

What we get from you is rather discombobulated logic with lies, claims of being an extensive world traveller a globetrotter, polyglot speaking fluently in 5 languages etc. squidly-boy, you've lost your credibility months ago. We on the other hand having fun of your foolishness and preposterous pretentiousness. I doubt anyone is taking your political fervor here seriously.

I like your rebuttals, as they are the most comical of all and very predictable, pure fun. :)

Go ahead, spit on my avatar :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It seems to me that you typed some nasty comments at me in a couple of posts. If memory serves me it was something to do with preserving your race and staying pure. I seem to remember your picture of whatever it is you have on display. Why do you pick on the Squid? He makes for a much more lively forum with emotions flying. I think there should be more people that don't follow the leader all the time.

16. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Walker1, I did clash with you on purity of race, I wasn't the only one then and I'm not the only one here picking on squidly-boy either.

No need to defend him, he can do it on his own if he wishes so.

BTY, recently I find few of your posts very interesting :)

17. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Looks as though PC is finally on to us. :eek:

18. Mystery Squid

19. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm not sure what I think of the video. Poor quality and rather disturbing. But the music is great!!!

20. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thank you for that. I was just trying to spice up the thread. I'm fully aware of the Squid's ability to defend his position on any thread. I like a lively forum.