1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Unofficial PriusChat Bush Approval Rating Poll

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eyeguy13, May 13, 2006.

?
  1. An excellent or pretty good job

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. An only fair or poor job

100.0%
  1. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yesterday, the results of the Harris Interactive poll on the Wall Street Journal online showed, with 1,003 US adults responded (not a big sample size mind you), that 29% said he was doing an "excellent or pretty good job" and 71% "only fair or poor job". So, what do the members of PriusChat think?

2. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ May 13 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]254998[/snapback]</div>
    We need a larger sampling. George would be out of office with the results seen here so far.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ May 13 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]255042[/snapback]</div>
    Really? We can do that?

4. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ May 13 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]254998[/snapback]</div>
    There really needs to be another choice, poor isn't bad enough.

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ May 14 2006, 12:18 AM) [snapback]255042[/snapback]</div>
    Yup... This right here is leftist-central...

Actually, to me, an indicator of how well he's doing is just how much he pisses off the liberal contingency. As far as I'm concerned, if the results here end up being 20 to 1 against, I KNOW he's doing a good job.
    ;)

6. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ May 13 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]254998[/snapback]</div>
    As a market researcher/statistician, a carefully selected sample size of 1,003 is large enough to be projectable with a reasonably small (+/-3%) margin of error. So let's give "W" the benefit of the doubt, maybe its 32% and 68%. Still the numbers suck!

I try to stay out of political discussions but every once in a while I slip. I pride myself on being open-minded and objective BUT I really would like to know what Kool-Aid those 29% (and I know some of them like my two Corvette/two SUV friend) are still drinking.

7. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 14 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]255058[/snapback]</div>

No, bit I wish we could... :D Bush has been a disaster for this nation's well being: socially (divisive agenda), militarily (ask anyone in the military what they think, my brother is in his second tour in baghdad and ive lost 2 friends in Afghanistan), educationally (testing, NCLB, funding), diplomatically (our allies have turned against us and the middle east hates us even more after the Iraq debacle), environmentally (big oil, ANWR, global warming [it dosent exist accoring to admin!]), and economically (trade deficit with no solution, shrinking middle class, tax cuts for rich people [why???] ).... Prove me wrong fox news lovers, prove me wrong...

Bush needs to stop promoting a divisive agenda (gay people will not bring about the end of civilization), needs to find a solution to Iraq (which should NEVER happened), shut down the mexican border and have an illegal alien roundup, I thing the economy will be much better in the long run without illegals, and there are PLENTY of people on welfare that can work and take the jobs left behind by deported mexicans, either make china engage in FAIR TRADE or put a 200-300% tariff on ALL chinese imports into the US, im willing to pay more for consumer goods or just do without cheap crappy chinese shit that no one needs... scrap NCLB, as a teacher I can tell you its a disaster of a mess on par with Iraq, and get rid of these damn tax cuts, poor folks need tax cuts, people making 100,000$/yr + do NOT need tax cuts... thats bullcrap...

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 14 2006, 03:49 AM) [snapback]255105[/snapback]</div>

There is nothing wrong with being a Lefty.

And in the long run, it’s good for the population and the earth. :) :) :)

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ May 14 2006, 12:18 AM) [snapback]255042[/snapback]</div>
    He should be out of office! Lying the country into war, committing numerous felonies (unauthorized wiretapping in violation of the FISA act), condoning torture- he is guilty of multiple "high crimes and misdemeanors" and hence impeachment is warranted.

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seeh2o @ May 13 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]255073[/snapback]</div>
    Absolutely! I didn't vote. I would vote for "Criminal" or "Disastrous." (Both of which apply, in my opinion.)

11. prez1

prez1 New Member

I think that history will show that Bush did a lot of things that needed to be done. Everyone said he was done for going into the 2004 election, but he won by a larger number of votes than he did against Gore. As for polls, it doesn't really matter now- he's not running again.
    Wartime presidents are never popular during the actual periods of war.
    He's not perfect, but people getting wild-eyed and threatening without providing any concrete ideas for what they would have done differently is not right.
    And we have the luxury of hindsight, which you don't get in office.
    Look at your own life-aren't there things you would do differently, knowing what you know now?
    There you go- that's how Hillary Clinton feels.

12. EricGo

EricGo New Member

The shrub's legacy, IMO:

1. Fascism. I don't have a good feel for how far it will go, or if it will reverse.
    2. Corporatism. He didn't start it, but it has accelerated dramatically with his help
    3. Geo-political instability & oil wars. The fools' errand to Iraq will prevent taking definitive steps against Iran.
    4. Broken Economy. When growth flattens, the national debt will come to roost.
    5. Destruction of the SS system. See #3 and #4
    6. Unbalancing of the separation of powers at the federal level.

I'd pick impeachment if it was a choice, but jail with torture would be more appropriate.

13. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paflyfisher @ May 14 2006, 07:37 AM) [snapback]255117[/snapback]</div>
    To be a more fair poll, I would think that voting someone is doing a fair job versus a poor job is very different, but the possibilities lump those people together. Have more options would have given a more accurate picture of people's opinion IMO. As with most surveys, so much depends on how you ask the question and the answer options you have.

I don' t know about the rest of the 29%, my kool-aid is orange and is delicious!

14. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm sorry...I chose what I was given, but I didn't see "suck nice person job" as one of the choices. ;)

15. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micheal @ May 14 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]255242[/snapback]</div>

They probably did the rating on a scale of Excellent, Good, Fair or Poor and then combined the top two and bottom two for the press. Very often done in research.

Orange Kool-Aid - Yuck! If it ain't red, it ain't Kool-Aid! :D

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prez1 @ May 14 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]255151[/snapback]</div>
    On the contrary. I think history will show Bush did a lot of things that should never have been done and will be a long time "repairing". I think his legacy will be one of the worst administrations, not one of the best. But it will take a little distance, a few more years, for the true nature of the damage to be identified and responsibility identified. He's Commander in Chief and what happened happened on his watch. That makes him responsible.

17. stevedegraw

stevedegraw Member

Which President had the lowest approval ratings ever? I think its was either Lincoln ( R), Truman (D), Carter (D) or Nixon ( R).

Anyone notice how there has been a member of the Clinton or Bush gang in the White house since 1980 ?

If Hillary Clinton wins in 2008 that would be a 32 year Clinton-Bush dyanasty .......Yikes !

Let's try a new gang and switch from Kool-aid to water.

18. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 14 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]255280[/snapback]</div>
    Not to republicans.

It's all about plausible deniability and fall guys these days.

19. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What can I say... <_<

20. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I admit I voted for Bush, but I'm not happy with a lot of the decisions he's made.

I realize the oil situation is out of his hands, but IMO he should have raised the min MPG for cars AND TRUCKS as well as increase tax benefits EVEN MORE for alternate fuels years ago.

and for god's sake....ITS NU-CLE-AR not NUKULAR....sounds pretty stupid when he says that....I always wonder...don't his advisors mention this to him?!?!?!?!?