1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The warmest March on record

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by richard schumacher, Apr 16, 2010.

1. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1 person likes this.
  2. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Pretty scary!

Who they gonna believe , the facts or their own lying eyes?

Looking carefully through the links to certain areas, I noted my own experience in Northern Ontario, where the link confirms our temps were ~+8C above average! We had our earliest ice out ever,, by nearly three weeks!

But I aint worried,, here's wise,

On the other hand, here is the "empirical" reason why it doesn't matter:

"Global warming may affect some parts of our society negatively but would likely benefit others. In fact, the current warming trend may be returning our global climate closer to that prevalent in the Garden of Eden. Compared to climate changes which have occurred in earth history, a temperature rise of a few degrees is a small fluctuation which will not lead to a complete melting of the polar caps or another ice age. Earth has a stable environmental system with many built-in feedback systems to maintain a uniform climate. It was designed by God and has only been dramatically upset by catastrophic events like the Genesis Flood. Catastrophic climate change will occur again in the future, but only by God's intervention in a sudden, violent conflagration of planet Earth in the end times (II Peter 3:1-12)"

From the Institute for Creation Research. (Bolding mine)

I'm so glad the end times will save us from global warming. I guess James Watt was right, the planet is ours to use up and discard because it is "gods will".

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can't complain. I hit 60+mpg earlier than any other year.

Well, it is the end of the world and all but my mileage it up. I'm so torn.

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    bollocks. My 2010 temp prediction is now in jeopardy. This is all Chogan's fault.

5. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Tony P,

Same here, have had two tanks above 60 now. The last one at 64.2 finished just friday.