1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The whole green sticker thing

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ely105, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    So I know this topic has been touched on in a few different ways. But rather than discuss the possibility of the PIP qualifying for the green sticker, lets assume it does.

But, i have seen some historical threads on the fastest way to get your stickers. Some say you have to wait for your license plates to show up, others say you only need your vehicle registered and the VIN to be in DMV database for the sticker application to be processed.

My dealer said we can submit the sticker application along with the registration and they would process at same time. Comments?

Then I remember the whole Fastrak thing and that you had to have Fastrak before you could get stickers? Anyways, just wondering if anyone has more up to date info on all these ins-and-outs on getting the green stickers in the shortest time possible. These just might be the worlds most expensive stickers!

-Mark

2. mmstuart

mmstuart New Member

Can someone in NorCal verify call FasTrak to verify what they told me. For Yellow stickers you had to get a special Hybrid FasTrak (at least when the stickers were first given out).

I called FasTrak to ask about the new requirement and they told me all FasTrak are the same now and you don't have to get a special one for Hybrid/Electric vehicles.

So I am wondering if we submit a photo copy of our transponder with its serial number if that will suffice for proof of FasTrak.

3. mmstuart

mmstuart New Member

From http://dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

9. Q: Can I submit the CAV decal application before the dealer and DMV complete the ownership application?

A: No. The vehicle must be in your name on DMV records before CAV decals can be issued. If you just purchased the vehicle from a dealership, you must wait until transfer of ownership is completed by DMV. If the CAV decal application is submitted prior to completion of transfer of ownership, the application will be returned to you unprocessed and must be resubmitted once the vehicle is in your name.

10. Q: How do I know when the vehicle is in my name?

A: You will receive a registration card from DMV once the transfer of ownership is completed.

4. plugged-in

plugged-in Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    So I see you can now get the application form from the DMV website but on a earlier thread there was some concern that the program has not been implented yet. On the Ca ARB website it still states "pending" federal approval. Also someone previous said they called and talked to someone at the DMV who said they will not be giving out the green stickers yet.

I am confused. If the program is not active yet, why does the DMV have an application form, and the Prius PHEV is listed as an eligible car on the ARB website.

So does anyone know if we can get the green sticker?!?!

5. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    seems simple to me — as soon as you can, send in the form, and hope for the best.

6. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    from the DMV website this mostly makes sense. It seems that you just need to wait for the registration to be processed and the card to be mailed to you. I think i heard this takes about 2 weeks. And while you need to have plates assigned, those may be indicated on the reg form so you can apply as soon as you get that. Anyone buy a new car recently in CA and can tell us how long it took to get the reg card?

7. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I asked my dealer about the statements above from DMV website and he responded:

1 person likes this.