1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Worst President in History?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by IsrAmeriPrius, Jun 24, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Excerpts:

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You can never tell a legend until he's dead and gone.
    Almost all geniuses and great men were never recognized as such when they were alive and making thier creations and decisions.

Genius is deemed as foolishness by the common man because he is too limited to understand it.

His acts are never seen as genius until later when the fruits come to being.

Rolling Stone.... your using as a credible source to stand on your side of the chalk line?... you had to search high and low eh?

Since when does a music magazine become an expert on politics or life or anything except music?

Is this who you are choosing as your expert to choose your leader?

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "I think — tide turning — see, as I remember — I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of — it's easy to see a tide turn — did I say those words?" —George W. Bush, asked if the tide was turning in Iraq, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." —George W. Bush, on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany." —George W. Bush, D.C., May 5, 2006

"I was not pleased that Hamas has refused to announce its desire to destroy Israel." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2006

[​IMG]

Yeah...a real genius there.

4. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the article reference. It felt like I was reading a history book from the future because much of it was undeniable facts of what has happened so far.

Wilentz, Princeton's well-published Dayton-Stockon Professor of History and Director of their Program in American Studies, draws a compelling analysis of Bush Jr. against the backdrop of all of the Presidents to date including what did happen with those presidents, and how they are remembered for it today.

Interestingly, he points out that Reagan had probably the most scandalous administration ever to date, but is now fondly remembered as time with the Gipper, and I find myself shocked to have fallen a little into such nostalgia.

The conclusion drawn is the country has survived no matter the flip/flop of good or worse, and will continue to do so with some minor annoyances added/removed from our daily lives.

I guess Wilentz is on Rolling Stone because of his Grammy nomination for writing the liner notes of one of Bob Dylan's albums.