1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

the wraparound

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ccass, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ccass

ccass New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi!
    I just bought 2010 iv toyota prius... what does everyone think of the wraparound which is basically that your services are covered for the 1st four years of having the car. its approx an extra $10-20 a month to have it. Has anyone had it before and is it worth it? I get free services for the first year but this is to extend the services. let me know what y'all think. thanks!

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Basically, they are hoping that you prepay, and then never use their services. Given how you get one year for free, and then the fact that chances are you will not need much of anything beyond oil, you may be better off putting the money for the 'wrap' in an account that would earn you some interest, and take a withdrawal out for each service that you need. I'd bet you come out ahead of the 'high-profit' dealer add-on.

3. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I hear that with the prepaid plans that you ...

1. Have to go to THAT dealer and nobody else to use the coupons or whatever you paid for.

2. You don't really save that much

3. What happens if you sell your car or crash before the prepaid maintenance is up? Even if the brochure says that you'll get a refund, good luck with the fight.

The good thing is that *IF* for some reason the price of future maintenance increases, you're locked in at the cheaper rate. But what happens if Toyota adds something else to the maintenance list but your prepaid won't cover it because you bought it before the fact? I know, extremely unlikely and what can they possibly add right? But who knows...

Also pointing the obvious that prepaid maintenance does not equal extended warranty...quite sure we're on all on the same page here.