1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The ZENN EV now available in Canada!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Saint-Jérôme, Quebec - The atmosphere was electric at the ZENN factory in Saint-Jérôme On Saturday, October 4. Several hundred people had been invited to the inauguration of the manufacturer's commercial operations in Canada, and they got to try out the little electric car assembled there.

http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-news/the-zenn-now-available-in-canada?artid=101918

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Re: The ZENN now available in Canada!

Well, although you can -buy- one in Canada, you can't -drive- it in Canada. B.C. and Quebec do not equal Canada. ;) It's not legal in Alberta, for example. It's a golf cart. :)

It looks like this move will probably start the changes required across Canada to make it legal to drive on public roads.

3. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I actually wanted one BEFORE I got my Prius.

Now, forget it, don't want one EVER, and yet, I'm the demographic for it. AND, it's in my backyard...like a 45 minute drive to the assembly plant.

I'll pay 10k$ for PHEV before investing in these glorified golf carts that don't go faster than 50KPH. For the same price. Actually the Zenn will be more expensive than 10k unless you buy it barebones.

A barebone Zenn in Montreal, is like using a regular bicycle, a summertime only activity.

It's basically a four wheeled moped with a roof. NEV's in NA are a DOA product, IMHO. In their defense, in downtown cores only as small commuter cars, or in the Carribeans, etc. Very small market for this.

It's too bad, I had high hopes for Zenn. Just like the ZAP!, wrong car for the right price. At least it's not vaporware like the Zap.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

According to the Quebecois, it is Canada lol.