1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

There is a weird sound & feel coming from my steering wheel...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by That_Prius_Car, Mar 25, 2012.

1. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello everyone. I always hate coming here for a problem because it makes me feel like a newbie or something when I actually know A LOT about the Prius. :p

Anywho, in my 2006 Prius, I just started noticing this recently, but whenever I turn my steering wheel, it makes a weird noise and I can feel something going on through the steering wheel. It doesn't impede my steering, the car steers just fine... It's just an add sound, I don't want to say a cracking sound... but it kind of is? I don't know. I'll have to put a video of it up. & it doesn't matter which way I turn it, it still makes the weird sound and the intermittent vibration... I know it has E-steering and occasionally you can here the motor whirring when you turn it but this is different, it's a loud... popping noise is the word for it! Popping, and I can feel it when it pops through the steering wheel. Again, it doesn't impede the steering ability at all, but something isn't right I'm sure... Or maybe it's normal.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just got a good video of it doing it. I'll upload it soon.

3. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's a link from my desktop of the video I shot.

file:///Users/bjhorton2005/Desktop/IMG_1340.MOV