1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TheStreet.com: (2010) Toyota Prius Owners Tell of Braking Scares

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Feb 18, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Toyota Prius Owners Tell of Braking Scares | Automakers | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com

(I heard about this story via a friend of mine thru a comment on Facebook. I had to explain to him the whole deal behind this, that similar behavior has been known issue since the 01 Prius, my known repro spot, etc.)

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    In testing my accelerometers, I have tried to replicate the brake pause with our 2003 Prius and not had any luck.

Bob Wilson

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Don't you love how publications come out of the wood work?

Ask yourself if this is an attempt to draw attention to themselves by taking advantage of the opportunity. Did they ever publish anything about Prius prior to this?

Some are genuine. Others exploit. Take the time for searches. Don't take everything at face value... especially if the article is really lacking in detail.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Exactly! It's just so bizarro. The 3rd gen's been available since May 09 in the US and earlier in Japan and only now all these stories come out? The media just seems to be piling it on Toyota.

Thestreet.com itself was founded in 1996 though...

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ever seen the video where Jim Cramer explains how he manipulated stocks for his hedge fund?

Go ahead and try to see the video in this link:

Jim Cramer's full explanation of stock market manipulation | Software, Interrupted - CNET News

Here's another link, you still can't watch the video, but they have some quotes from Jim Cramer:

http://www.zimbio.com/Jim+Cramer/articles/72/Jim+Cramer+Admits+Market+Manipulation+Calls

TheStreet.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think I will complain about this with my 01 Chevy Blazer to the NHTSA. It does exactly the same thing when I'm braking while out four-wheelin in the dirt and rocks!