1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

They overfilled the oil - surprise

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by limetime13, Apr 21, 2008.

1. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I took my (as yet unnamed) 08 Prius in for the first service - oil change and rotate tires. Well, I should have checked when I got IN the car after it was finished, but I did when I got home. I was looking at the invoice and noticed it said "quantity 5" and I thought - uh oh. Checked the owners manual and then checked the oil - well above "filled" dot on dipstick. Called dealer, took it back and suggested that they take the two extra minutes to check the dipstick themselves before turning loose a car for an oil change.

Anyway - the service writer was very apologetic, said there was no excuse (and I didn't disagree with him....). Gave me a car wash and noted on computer that my next scheduled maintenance I'm to get a full tank of gas.

Thanks to you guys, I was watching out for this one. Priuschat is the best!!!! :clap2:

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Always check the level yourself before driving away from any oil change. You can catch some gruesome errors before they cause expensive damage.