1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Things to be thankful for

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Bill60546, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know its about a week early but just wanted to say thanks to Danny for his diligence, effort and commitment to PriusChat. Am also very appreciative to Evan and all the other "guides" who help manage our learning curve.
    We all have a great car, are proving that consumers can drive (no pun intended) positive change and challenge the status quo. Change can be a wonderful thing.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Best Regards,
    Bill

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you, Bill, for the kind words. The next few weeks should be a busy time for PriusChat as we celebrate our 1 Year Anniversary with some special surprises, the 2005 Prius Calendar coming out, etc etc.

I wish everyone a safe & happy holiday season.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If not for this forum, I would probably have not purchaced Priapus. When I picked him up, I knew more about the Prius than anyone in the dealership. Now that I have had Priapus for three months, I continue to learn and stay up to date because of PriusChat.

Thanks, of course, to Danny. Thanks also to everyone else. I enjoy all the discussions and even the back-and-forth debates.

4. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I too want to thank Danny and all participants. I joined in early 2004 and ordered my Prius in April 2004. Thanks to Danny, et al., I became very knowledgable - more than salespeople. When delivery day came, I had an inspection checklist in hand and spent 1.5 hours going over the car with the Internet salesperson. I'm in my third week of bliss getting 56 mpg and fielding admiring questions from all. The car is a dream, especially on crisp cold mornings (interior warmth, windshield defrosters and good handling).

I have heat shields for all windows, rubber floor matts and mud flaps. I have proactively waxed the front end 3X due to backwash from some passing trucks. Being able to apply quality knowledge instead of ignorantly substituting oil for knowledge goes a long way.

5. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Although I ordered my Prius before discovering this forum, I should say that this forum (which my salesman told me about) has excited me about it. If it wasn't for this forum, I may have gotten frustrated with the long wait (I was told between 12-14 and 15-20 weeks, I called on July 9th, order was actually placed the July 16th, meaning 20 weeks is up the first weekend of December, and I still do not have an ETA on my car.) Anyways, to continue my point, without this forum, I might have gotten frustrated enough with the wait that I would have bought another car :| by now.
    Now I can't, because I am looking forward to everything about the car, and since I have told EVERYONE :mrgreen: about the car, and they are looking forward to it, I can't really go back now. Although wait times are better, I might have had one by now, if I could just get myself to give up on getting a Tideland (I definitely won't give on the BC package), as there have been Driftwood and Salsa Reds I've seen in my area for sale, and got offered a Seaside way back in September by the dealer.
    I do look forward to checking out news, info, etc, provided by this site, and really like this format. I also come here frequently, as I keep hoping to jump on a Tideland BC that someone posts close enough to me. Although I may not contribute much, I will jump in when I need to, and I hope I still come here often after I get the Prius (tentatively named Cortana, as I sat in a friend's 2003 Prius and offered up the name a year ago when he was trying to think of a name, and he didn't accept it, so I've kept it for my own) (yes, I'm a Halo freak, etc., but I don't know if naming my car Cortana is something to be proud of or embarrassed of :lol: ) I may even put the name on the license plates (how cool would that be?)
    Thanks to PriusChat for everything here, this has got to be one of the best resources for a Prius (along with John's site, which I look at from time to time).

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i also ordered my Prius before joining this forum but i feel that i was a much more informed driver because of it. i do believe that is why i was able to achive EPA as quickly as i did.

it also helped me to become more knowledgeable about the Prius and i in turn have passed on a lot of the knowledge i have learned here to others, a few that im pretty sure i have convinced to go Prius that were really 50-50 on other options

7. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bnlfanmatt\";p=\"50770)</div>
    And your salesman found out about this forum from me :D. Funny how that works. I can thank Google for finding PriusChat. But Matt, I have been watching out to see if you'd gotten your car... I'm a bit surprised it hasn't come in yet. I guess I was lucky to get my car when I did. Perhaps there's been a scarcity of Tidelands, or middle TN hasn't been allocated very many cars in the past two months? I'm going to Nashville for Thanksgiving, and might swing by Beaman (they sent me a coupon book, which I can't really take advantage of, but I might try to pick up some touch-up paint while I'm there) if you want me to give Kevin a hard time about your car. Here's another thing to look forward to--when you finally do get your car, you'll also get some cookies in the mail from Beaman.