1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Think I'm done modifying...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by galaxee, Jul 31, 2005.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, after 4+ months of no car payments and a little extra cash to play with, and with the onset of car payments imminent, I think we're done modifying. Time to do some money saving.

We had some simply great weekend projects and it was a lot of fun. We've kind of run out of things that we're really interested in doing to the car at this point though. We're not going too extreme here. :) I believe we have increased the resale value of the car along the way.

So here's the final rundown.

Bumper protector- $18
    Mudguards- $28
    Front end mask- $105
    EV switch- $60
    Door edge liners- $12
    GTCovers- $130
    Zaino- $60
    Window tint- $180

Total cost: a bit more than one car payment.

Was it worth it? Oh yeah. Do we plan on selling the car in the next 10 years? No. We're just really proud of our little hybrid wonder.

2. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your window tint at our next Prius Club meeting!

- Bill

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Can you post a pic of your tinted black beauty? You avator must be the "before" picture.

4. Sid

Sid New Member

Also, a pic of the GT covers would be nice :)
    and a link to their site.
    Thanks!

5. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tony, I'll post a pic when I get home from work. The avatar is from a month or 2 ago.
    Sid, I have pics of those in my album. The place I ordered from is toyotapartsstore.com

6. Sid

Sid New Member

Thanks galaxee,
    The pic in your album has a green tint to it that makes it hard to really see the detail of the seatcovers. I've noticed this with other pics in the Album as well. Is this usual?
    see: http://priuschat.com/forums/album_showpage...php?pic_id=1364

[EDIT]
    after I clicked on the "green" pic for a larger view, the larger picture was colored normally.
    Oh, and they look nice BTW.

7. Sid

Sid New Member

galaxee,
    Here's a follow-up question or two:
    How easy/hard were the seatcovers to install?
    What is the fabric? How thick?

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the first one was tough to figure out. the second one was much better. kinda felt stupid that i spent so much time on the first one once i found out how easy it was... ha

the fabric is very soft and fuzzy after a day or 2 of being out of the box. quite durable too. it's pretty thick and has a nice strong backing on it.

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sid\";p=\"112322)</div>
    The GT site is http://www.gtcovers.com/ but I ordered them from a Toyota dealer. They cost $99 per set (a set being either front or back), and had covers for the headrests, the center (for the front set) and the sides by the seats (for the rear). The dealer had samples, so we were able to go out to the car and see how it would look with them on. They come in a variety of colors and patterns. We picked a grey one with a pattern that wouldn't show off the dirt. :) They also come in a variety of fabric, including waterproof.

They were fairly easy to install, although I had to remove the bottom of the rear seat.

10. Sid

Sid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"112335)</div>
    Thanks!

11. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As promised- my window tint picture.

Sorry in advance to anyone who doesn't like my use of the word. But this car looks so BADASS! :mrgreen:

12. Sid

Sid New Member

Thanks for the info, that's a good price.

13. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So, as a 'newbie' around here, I was wondering...does this car, the Prius, get tricked out? Any examples? I would hope so...

14. Sid

Sid New Member

15. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sure! Check out the Appearance Modification Forum and the Performance Modification Forum[/b][/quote]Thanks for the reply and the links!

16. nc_driver

nc_driver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Where'd you get the mudguards? I could sure use some myself, since I'm already getting lots of road muck on my car, splashed up from the wheel-wells. Did you buy them locally? Install them yourself? I'm not sure the best place to purchase them from.

17. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi nc_driver. Are you, as your name suggests, from NC as well? If so from where? It's always nice to welcome some more locals to this board :)

I also have a set of mud flaps/splash guards (fender mullets) on mine, which I got from Coastal Electronic Technologies (www.coastaletech.com). They didn't cost too terribly much ($40something), and were very easy to install, although installing them did require some minor drilling and removing the rear wheels. They are so subtle that if I didn't point them out to you you probably wouldn't even notice them, but they do help in keeping the sides of the car a bit cleaner.

- Bill

18. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you can also get them at dealers in the southeast. we got them from jacobson toyota in durham.

19. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    My car apparently has an "eggshell skull" bumper. What bumper guards did you get?

20. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i got a guard for the rear bumper to prevent scratches when loading and unloading. it's a thick black plastic guard that mounts right on the back. you can get it from your dealer, ask for a rear bumper guard for the prius or corolla. on the back it does say it's for the corolla but it fits perfectly. hope that's helpful.