1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Think Prius prices will go up?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wanmichael, Nov 19, 2006.

1. wanmichael

wanmichael New Member

As some of you have already read, I've gotten a quote of $1500+ off MSRP on a 07 Prius today, which I think is partially due to the lowered fuel prices.

How long do you folks think it'll be, before prices will rise again? Or fuel prices?

2. Prius07Pkg4

Prius07Pkg4 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SodaGuy @ Nov 19 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]351916[/snapback]</div>
    1-When fuel price goes up demand is higher than supply --> Yes, price will go up (both new and used Prius).

2-When fuel price stay the same or lower then:

a-Used Car: Price will be higher for the old Prius which has HOV sticker (apply in California, if there is no more new stickers issue after 85,000).

b-New Car: Price may be little bit higher but you get more for your money like options, newer technology or even 100MPG etc...

3. wanmichael

wanmichael New Member

Hmm. I wonder if prices will remain the same as what they are now (down from any increase) next April once the Prius tax credit gets halved once again, as people may flock to the HCHII.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    not long. In Canada, the Prius sells for MSRP regardless of demand.. wait, I'm gonna restate that. In BC, the Prius sells for MSRP. You can get deals in other parts of Canada. BC dealers claim there is no collusion... right.

I can foresee Toyota Canada raising the price, like it usually does. The rare case where it lowered the price was the new 02 Camry LE V6 which was cheaper than the 01 CE V6 it replaced. However, this new 07 Camry LE V6 saw another price hike. It's now nearly $30k!!

Another was the 03 Corolla CE which had a price reduction.

That's all I can recall atm.

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Howdy SodaGuy

Quote: "...which I think is partially due to the lowered fuel prices."

Toyota seems to have just caught up with the Prius "demand." North Texas dealers have 5 to 10 Prius on the lot ready for immediate delivery. This "supply/demand" situation is more likely to lead to MSRP discounts than the "today's" gasoline price - IMHO. By waiting a few weeks for the 2007 arrivals, I was able to manage an excellent trade allowance for my 2004 Prius and a discount off MSRP on the new 2007 Touring Edition - a combination unheard of in September in North Texas.

Insofar as Prius prices "going up," that too will depend on supply/demand and factory production capacity. I note that in purchase of my new 2007 Touring Edition Prius, Toyota seems to have noted the "add-ons" many Prius owners have purchased and included them in available packages. Such as: "Leather upholstery, Better tires and larger wheels, Backup Cameras, Satellite Radio, MP3/Wma playback capability, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, and Mud Guards." All of these, of course, ehanced profits for the Dealers and Toyota.