1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking about a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Laurabeth47, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Laurabeth47

Laurabeth47 New Member

I love the Prius. Let’s just start with that. I won’t bother to list what’s great about it, because you all know that already. My problem with it—and the reason I may not end up buying one—is this:

I’m a recent grad, and I’m probably going to be moving around a lot in the next few years. If I’m going to be hauling my stuff around, how much can I fit in a Prius? If it won't all fit, the sensible thing is to get a trailer, but I’ve read that you shouldn’t tow with a Prius. Any suggestions for a mobile would-be owner?

2. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you can get in a prius! i know i was! we got 2 roadbikes and all our gear! people get large tv's in there... people sleep in there!

have you looked at one? again... i was so surprised at the room inside! from the outside they look tiny.... but they are soooooo roomy!

i think they are the perfect vehicle for a recent grad... i'm assuming you haven't had time to collect a LOT of junk to haul around.... (again... i said ASSUMING! lol!)

3. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can fit a lot in them! No towing!! :eek: But the hatchback, folding rear seats, and flat floor like a station wagon make hauling easy. You can get receiver hitches for them so you could add one of those junk boxes or you can have roof cargo boxes. Those will reduce your mpg but it'll still probably do better than putting all that stuff in a van.

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

As the posters previous have said there really is plenty of room for boxes in the cargo area plus if you get the curt receiver hitch you can add the extra cargo carrier back there, we tow a small utility trailer for our bikes and if we need to pick up potting soil or a bale of hay or what ever it does work well and still have room inside. do a test drive for a couple of hours get the feel of it fold down the seats try it out that is what a test drive is all about in my book.
    Our salesman let us take ours for hours we came back in 2 hours and bought the same one we drove started with 1 mile on the odo.
    [attachmentid=8554]
    [attachmentid=8555]
    [attachmentid=8556]
    [attachmentid=8557]
    you can even get this tent in the back :)

Attached Files:

5. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Laurabeth @ Jun 5 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]456018[/snapback]</div>
    Not only does the back seat go down, but the front passenger seat can go down as well, giving you 8 feet front to back, maybe 2 feet across the front passenger side, and 3-4 feet across the rest of the back.

[​IMG]

6. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

I would agree with all the posters, my other car is a 4runner which isn't driven much these days due to gas prices :-(

I can fit almost as much stuff in the little damn car as my big ute.

I would be sure to put the seats down and really see what you can all fit in it, more than most cars with that huge hatch.

Happy shopping :)

7. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

How did you get the front seat to go flat? I tried with one and couldn't figure it out. It doesn't fold forward i'm lost. I want to be able to fold it down for deliveries for our family business. I just put a deposit on one should get one in a couple weeks hoping to get it traded for a package with nav (c package here in canada)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Jun 5 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]456243[/snapback]</div>

8. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ranmandx @ Jun 5 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]456258[/snapback]</div>

lol, I had that problem too when I wanted to move my mattress. You need to fold the seat back, not front.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A