1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking about buying a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by JackDodge, Jul 2, 2007.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Being in the heart of Detroit 3 country, I get to see a lot of the fallout of the decline of the American auto industry. No one twists off my car's antenna (as they did back in the 70s and 80s) and I don't get burning Japanese flags on my lawn but it bothers me, nonetheless, to see so many of them losing their homes and such. Also, Ford has improved the Escape hybrid quite a bit, as well as the vehicle quality in general; add to that that my needs have changed significantly over the past couple of years so a small SUV actually makes sense and I believe that Ford should be given a lot of credit for sticking with the hybrid program while GM and Chrysler sit off on the sidelines with promises of the mythical hydrogen fuel cell powertrain and little else.

Soooo, I have the local Ford dealer looking for a 2008 Ford Escape so that they can at least vie for my business but they appear to be in short supply. I'm not in a hurry and haven't even mentioned the trade in yet, or even gone in to the dealership itself but I'm wondering if there are any strong feelings for or against this idea in Priusville. A neighbor's daughter just got one a couple of months ago and it has zero defects and she's able to get 31 mpg. That would be a little difficult to take, losing 20 mpg, but I have to look at the overall picture, not just mileage. I'd be getting a 4-cylinder model that gets the full $3000 tax credit and don't plan on towing anything heavy. If they don't give me enough on the trade-in, I may pass anyway but what's everyone think here at PriusChat?