1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking about moving from Volt to Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Xen DeKhra, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Xen DeKhra

Xen DeKhra New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys,

I currently have a 2012 Chevy Volt but after some braking issues and other component failures(coupled with the local dealerships/shops being horrid), I thinking I'm going to trade it in and get something different. I am looking at the Plug-In Prius, which I know has less range, but it should still get me to and from work.

Is there any reason why I would want to go with something other than the plug-in (like a standard prius) and/or are there any model years or things I should watch out for in purchasing a Prius (probably going to be used)?

Thanks guys and if anyone has a suggestion for a good dealership in the San Jose area, I'm still looking around :)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! any model year plug in is fine. the prices are pretty low right now. as for regular prius, how much would you be looking to spend?

3. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, this doesn't happen often. usually it's the opposite (volt being higher tech).
    on the other hand, i see where you are coming from. i bought a cheap GM car for my son and we work on this POS almost every weekend.

m.wynn likes this.
  5. sillylilwabbit

sillylilwabbit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, most american cars are junk. They have gotten better though, but they are still POS.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i finally gave up on american pos in 2001. olds intrigue was my last go around, after 30 years. when the gov had to bail out gm, i had an inkling why.

7. Jeff N

Jeff N The answer is 0042

Vehicle:
    2011 Chevy Volt
    Which San Jose dealer did you have trouble with? I had good luck with service at Capitol Chevy in San Jose. My 2011 Volt has been good except for a circuit board failure just after 100,000 miles.

8. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your posting doesn't mention in detail how hard it has been to get your cars issues addressed, but due to your posting, it seems that you are at your wits end. That being said, I would take your car to the Dealer that Jeff N suggests with invoices and receipts and see if they can help you. If that doesn't help, then perhaps going to a Toyota dealer with what issues you have had would help. Yes, they may try to sell you a car, but at least they will be forewarned about what issues you have had and will understand where you are coming from. Best of luck to you!