1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking about selling my 4kw enginer kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by eringo2659, May 15, 2011.

1. eringo2659

eringo2659 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi guys,

I am thinking about selling my one month old enginer 4kw kit. My wife and I share the car and she can't seem to slow down and make good use
    of the kit. Everytime I drive it I have to recover the 5-10mpg I have lost with her driving it. I installed the kit myself and I am listed as an installer
    on the enginer.us website. The kit was made specifically for a 3rd gen. I can walk through the install process for anyone who purchases the kit. I am willing to sell the kit for $3200 shipped. please call me at 850-454-7900 if you have any questions.
    Aaron

Attached Files:

2. stefano5777

stefano5777 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a question what makes your kit specific for a genIII when the kit is a 1 fit for all???Also they are selling these kits brand new on ebay shipped for 3195.00

PHEV 4KW plug in hybrid conversion kit prius enginer.us | eBay

3. eringo2659

eringo2659 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I guess the way I see it is the kit is basically new. i have only charged and discharged the kit 15 times. I was expecting to have someone make an offer, below my asking price. I purchased that kit from bill on ebay and he said that the kit was specific to a 3rd gen because of the cutouts for the factory air duct to blow over the box. The kit shipping info detailed the 3rd gen fitment also leading me to believe I had a model year specific kit.
    thanks,
    Aaron

4. stefano5777

stefano5777 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will not say Bill lied to you but if you go to enginers site they do not have different models. They have different generations of kit but not model specific kits.Was not trying to give you a hard time just looking out for those who are less knowledgeable at this type of thing.

5. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Stefano they are different. in Gen3 the batteries are are closest to the hatch opening, wheras in gen2 the batteries are at the back of the enclosure, closest to the original HV battery.

6. stefano5777

stefano5777 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Then I stand corrected And I apologies to you Aaron for questioning the post. If flan says there is a difference I will not question it he knows more about enginer kit than I do so again I hope you accept my apology.