1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking is HARD

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bac, Jun 4, 2008.

1. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The most ignorant statement heard every day in America is this:

“I am a (insert political party here).â€

In my opinion, this is an excuse to just shut off your mind, and blindly buy into everything politicians state. Obviously, that mindset makes you a sheep, a fool, and sadly … in the majority. It’s funny, you hear virtually everyone state that politicians are thieves. (and a more accurate statement would be difficult to find) However, press them on “their guyâ€, and you’ll get a VERY different answer. Do you see the disconnect? It’s not Democrat vs. Republican – it’s rather the people vs. the politicans! Figure out that very basic fact, and free your mind.

Politicians have found an easy way to divide the American demographic in half – and that’s precisely how they like it. As long as we fight amongst ourselves, they have cart blanche to steal and plunder at will. Because you know … it’s the other political party’s fault!

Think for yourself folks. Don’t let the politicians TELL you what to think. Certainly a very, very, very, very small demographic fits the current GOP or Dem mold. So then why do we cater to the few at the expense of the many? Come up with your OWN set of values independent of what “your guy†has to say. Don’t blindly buy into political rhetoric and talking points.

If you are willing to do this, you may find that we have much more in common than the politicians want you to believe. :usa2:

... Brad

2. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    problem is that the fortunate dont want to give up their holy dollars so it can trickle down to the less fortunate. i dont vote for what a candidate looks like, tan or not so tan, m/f, repub or dem and so on. i have been since a child been able to look in a persons eyes and filter out the rhetoric. i think most people can do the same. i use that and the record they run on to determine my vote. our country is in crisis and it seems its a class struggle, rich against middle class. how many of you without a job or without decent health care will vote for mccain? how many with great careers living in a comfy world of your own will vote for obama? thinking is hard. think about whats happened in the last 8 years, forget who did what. i'm college educated and have garbage health insurance, cant get a decent job born and raised in the USA. so i'm thinking real hard and unless the R's say something drastically different, i'm going with the man with the tan..

3. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I research all my candidates, thats why I stopped voting Republican for president after Ford, Ford was the last true Republican. Reagan's legacy is still hurting California today. Bush Sr. was ok, but his family being part of the Savings and Loan Scandal, lost my vote, Bush Jr was the biggest joke ever pulled on the party, thats why I never voted for him for governor or president.

McCain of 2000 was decent, but McCain of 2008 is wrong for America, his continuation of Bush policies and his catering to lobbyists will not be good for America.

4. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I used to be registered as a Dem. (but didn't necesarily always vote for them). Every fall, I'd be deluged with phone calls from the Repubs., who' d gotten my name from the voting rolls.

For the reasons that Brad mentioned, I'm now registsered as Indep., -- and now they ALL phone me. 3 cheers for Caller ID!