1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking of adding these to my new 2005 Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LostBoyNZ, Jun 2, 2012.

1. LostBoyNZ

LostBoyNZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, when I say "my 2005 Prius", it's not mine yet. I've reserved (refundable deposit) a Japanese import 2005 Prius which will arrive later this month. It's done 115,000km (71,500 miles) and being a gadget nut, I've wanted a Prius for years. Not that I'm not such a completely poor gadget nut, haha, I can buy one.

I have test drove a 2005 Prius that had a built-in reversing camera, and thought that was a great idea. This place here ( About Sound Ltd 12V Experts ) can install cameras into cars, but I'm not sure another LCD would look neat in the car. Perhaps the one that sits over the rear view mirror, but it's hard to tell... it might look cheap / tacky. Especially if they can't hide that cable! Has anyone added an external reversing camera? Or connected one to the 2005 MFD?

For music / gps, I thought I could mount my Samsung Galaxy S2 with this http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpath=383&pageid=9821&processor=content&pcategoryid=12941 plus the adapter for the phone (that also charges it) and just getting the first product on this page to handle the Aux input About Sound Ltd 12V Experts

Any thoughts / suggestions on anything would be awesome. It's great to be here with you all :)