1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking of getting a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by h2photo, May 14, 2007.

1. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yahoo has a huge new section on their site about being Green

Their Gas Mileage Calculator is kinda fun if you're trying to decide how much you're really spending vs how much you might save.

Gas Mileage Calculator :wub:

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeah, I always get 56 MPG...

3. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    How are they calculating 56 mpg anyway? I average 45-47. Either way, the difference between my Prius and my Isuzu SUV is tremendous.

4. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A spreadsheet that is a little less fancy and only does mpg and trip cost that I got from another member on here (I think) a couple of years ago is attached. It is easy to modify the mpg, miles per year, trip length, and shows the values based on different gas prices (I have made a few changes to update it closer to current gas prices.) I sent one comparing the TCH with the regular Camry to my dad to show him the numbers.

I think it is very interesting to see how once gas hits $3 a gallon or more, a person may be spending more money on gas than they did on the car. Even at 5 years, we are talking about $10K+.

Anyway, I hope someone finds it useful. I know it helped me feel more smarmy about my purchase. And who doesn't want more smarm?

Attached Files:

5. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Soylent @ May 15 2007, 08:00 AM) [snapback]442369[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe you're fat. I noticed the MPG calculator in the link took that into account. :lol:

...just kidding. I haven't acheived 56 MPG yet, either.