1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking too much about it ....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by qlanus, Jul 13, 2009.

1. qlanus

qlanus Junior Member

Model:
    V
    Oops - I didn't even realize there was a 'noob' section until now....
    - re-posting a previously asked question -

I've recently placed a deposit for a particular vehicle as shown on a Vehicle Inquiry Report. The ship's name (Kentucky Highway) was also noted. Additionally the report showed a "Category" status of "A". Doing a bit of research, I've determined that the ship is now headed back toward Japan after a recent port visit in the US.

Am I to conclude that the vehicle was on that ship, unloaded (somewhere) and is currently under some sort of preparation for shipping inland to my dealer? - That might jibe with the dealer's stated expectation of seeing the vehicle by the end of the month (or early August). - Or, is the vehicle still being built and is destined for the particular ship upon its arrival in Japan?

Just trying to set proper expectations....

2. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    James answered your question in the Car Carrier Thread. He said that you are correct in your guess that it is in transit instead of buing built.

Congrats and hope you get yours soon, I'm waiting for mine too and the anticipation is killer.

3. qlanus

qlanus Junior Member

Model:
    V
    Yes, I just saw his reply. I hope he's correct. I'd bug my sales guy, except he's decided to take a vacation. The nerve..... Besides, he seemed fairly unfamiliar with the process. That's why I posted here - for expert advice.

At what point will the VIN become available?

4. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Usually the VIN is in the same report that shows the ship (thats how it was for me). I might be out of league on this question, though. :)

5. qlanus

qlanus Junior Member

Model:
    V
    Right. That's one reason I'm not certain I'm interpreting things properly.

Does anyone know at what point in the process is the VIN associated with the vehicle and appear on Inquiry Report? At the port of entry? Or on the assembly line?