1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This 16 Year-old Built a 100 MPG Hybrid Sports Car

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Silver bullit, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You may recognize Azeem Hill. If you do, it's because this 16 year-old kid helped build the world's only high school-made super hybrid sports car. As a participant in an after-school workshop in Philadelphia run by Simon Hauger, he and his teammates dreamed up and built a sporty hybrid that goes from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, yet gets 70 mpg on the highway and 100 mpg in the city. They entered the car in the Automotive X-Prize, and beat out numerous top competitors -- MIT and multimillion dollar tech firms among them This 16 Year-old Built a 100 MPG Hybrid Sports Car (Video) : TreeHugger

2. Strike67

Strike67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    idk but everything about this seems fishy. Not enough info. I'm not the car, I'm doubting the student. How much help did he get? Did NASA just happen to drop by one day and drop some blue prints? lol

3. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fraud is always possible. It seems like MIT or one of the others he beat would have something to say about it.

4. Blizzard10

Blizzard10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yea fishy, but what do I know????
    Nothing on cnn.com or msnbc.com. I guess they don't know anything about it either. Pretty sure they would be all over this.

5. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great, another Balloon Boy.