1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This comment makes me laugh each time

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Violetdragonfly, May 26, 2012.

1. Violetdragonfly

Violetdragonfly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Had my Prius for a week and I lost count each time someone asks me or makes a comment about "needing" to plug in my car each night to re-charge the battery :lol:

These comments included:
    *Where do you plug it in each night?
    *But what you are saving in gas is negated by your electric bill going up since you need to plug it in each night, right?

(and my personal favorite)
    *Are you sure you aren't supposed to plug it in to recharge the battery?

HAHAHA

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That became really annoying back in 2000... 2001... 2002. It subsided, then almost went away entirely.

But now that Prius is penetrating deep into new markets. It's back! :eek:

My guess at the best response would be to simply reply that you didn't get the plug-in model... and not provide anything else. Make them ponder that on their own for awhile. At some point, curiosity will get the best of them and they'll ask for more information.

You can trick them into intrigue, perhaps even open up the door to opportunity for showing them your Prius. Then they'll be hooked. :rockon:

3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    "No, it generates its own electricity."

4. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you want to really confuse people, hang an orange plug a few inches down from the bottom of your rear bumper.

1 person likes this.
  5. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    For "Violet ..." I heard very similar questions / comments from several people shortly after buying our '08 nearly four years ago. Typically, if I was asked, "Do you have to plug it in very often?" I'd generally say, "Not only do I not have to ... I can't!" IF further explanation seemed necessary or warranted, I'd simply add that it's NOT a "plug-in" ...

Perhaps the general public, gradually, has become more aware with time. I haven't heard such questions for at least a couple of years.

6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In the comments here, you see each owner as a light of knowledge, brightening their little area of a vast darkness of ignorance.

7. Cap'n

Cap'n Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Amen, and count me among the ignorant until about two months ago when the Prius v caught our eye.

My wife picked up her new v yesterday, and while we're both on a steep learning curve, it's a kick. We're far from being tree huggers, but when you get into your sixties, it's nice to buy a car that's more interesting than the rat pack AND environmentally friendlier.

8. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, and if you want the answers to your questions from a guy who does plug in his Prius every night:

1) It's much less trouble to plug the car in my driveway than go fill it up at a gas station

2) I still fill it up at a gas station -- eight gallons every six hundred miles.

3) It costs about 28 cents to charge it, but with my City's $15 discount for car charging, it works out to a $2.00/month net discount on my monthly electric bill.

4) Plugging in my car boosts my mileage from an awesome 50 MPG to an incredible 75 MPG

1 person likes this.