1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This is harder than it should be!!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by seanu, Jun 24, 2009.

1. seanu

seanu New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am looking for a 2010 V pkg, preferably White but I am a bit flexible. I am willing to pay msrp but no dealer fees. I am willing to travel a ways to get it.

There is one dealer nearby who has been great but is probably 2 months from being able to deliver a car. The others have been ridiculous, rude, condescending or unwilling to be truthful. One called and left a message said fine we will sell you the car you want at your price, this was on sunday. I called them monday first thing to schedule delivery, he said great, called back a little while later and said he couldnt find it. Calls about an hour later and says they sold it saturday!! What a crock.

Toyota really needs to address their dealer problems, I have been a loyal Honda customer for many years and never encountered anything like this. The Prius is now certainly a better car for my needs, but i dont want to be put through the wringer to buy one.

If a ny dealers out there can help please let me know!!

Thanks

2. felton

felton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome to the Prius buying experience:) I love my 2005 Prius, but haven't you ever heard that nothing of value comes easily?:) Toyotas have always been near the top of any owner satisfaction list, but the "buying experience" for Toyota dealerships have generally been near the bottom. This is particularly true of any car that is in high demand and short supply.

I would suggest that you either be patient until the supply and demand dynamics settle down a bit or, if you are the impatient type, look in here for positive dealership recommendations and work with them over the net. When I bought mine 4+ years ago, I was completely frustrated trying to deal locally, or even state-wide. There were no cars. The waiting list was one year and there was a huge markup over MSRP. I was able to find the car I was looking for through a Priuschat recommendation and I made the deal from my keyboard with an out of state dealer that I was quite happy with.

My exwife will be picking up her 2010 this week at a local dealer, which she was able to buy at MSRP with only floormats, a cargo net and window tinting and no other BS port added options markup. For the Dallas area, that is AMAZING.

Good luck and be patient.

3. marzprius

marzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    seanu, I sent you an email. I have 2 V's that may work for you.

4. seanu

seanu New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wanted to say thanks to Mario and his team at Classic Toyota in Ohio. He did a great job and I am flying up to pick up my new Prius V on monday!!! I will have a long drive home but i have never seen that part of the country so it will be fun, besides it wont cost me much for gas!!!

If you are in the market I suggest giving them a call!