1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This is not what our Founding Fathers envisioned...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mirza, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

2. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah yes, the New American Century. Cheney, Rumsfeld, lions, tigers and bears, oh my. "Its not a conspiracy ..." which is a dead giveaway that they are going to break out of the fever swamp, put on their tin foil hats and give you a conspiracy theory.

The current chair of the Project for a New American Century is Bill Kristol, who is no fan of Don Rumsfeld, and has called for his retirement. Funny thing for a tight knit cabal of neo-con fascists to have a public spat, no?

The only hope for the Republicans in this coming election, and in the Presidential election two years hence, is if the Democrats listen to these nut jobs and start campaigning on this stuff. Tuesday's primary challenge against Joe Lieberman will be an indication: if Lieberman retains his seat, the Democrats still have plenty of opportunity to self destruct in two years. If Lieberman loses the primary to the fever swamp candidate, then the Republicans should start making Inauguration plans early.

3. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I am listening to Kristol... and it seems his condemnation of Rumsfeld's handling is based on military operations and attitudes toward them... and nothing to do with idealogy.

Here's the wiki article on the group:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_American_Century

You seem familiar with them... now, what makes this group less a threat than I make them out to be? I mean, Wolfowitz seems to advocate ditching treaties and having two sets of rules... those for us, and those for the world (the UN). These steps are very dangerous precedents.