1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This Little Light of Mine....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by The Electric Me, May 16, 2013.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi!
    Prius Newbie here.
    Super Neato Keen to be part of the community.

Just kidding...

But I do have a "newbie" like question. My new Prius has a "quirk". The dimmer dial for the dash light seems to have little or no graduation in brightness. If I adjust it, it seems to be either off...on...very little change...or super bright. There just isn't much room for adjustment.

I currently after much work, have it set at a brightness/dimness level I can live with, so it's okay. But I was just wondering if this is a normal "quirk" of the dial or whether I have a bad dimmer dial? There is very little room for adjustment the way it acts now.

If it is common for The Prius, I'd really like to ignore it. I'm afraid of the dealership tearing down the dash just to fix this quirk.

But on the other hand? If it is a problem, I probably should have it looked at while still under warranty.

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It works differently from day to night. Daytime, it's either bright or slightly dim. At night, there's more adjustment, but still not a whole lot and it affects the speedo side more than the readout side. To answer your question, normal.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base