1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This looks like too much fun!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Oct 12, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    https://www.spindirect.com/product.php?prod...97e7f0925b0144b
    Warning: imbedded video plays on site opening.

Air Hog R/C Havoc Helicopter Laser Battle
    For $90 you get 2 R/C mini copters armed with IR "lasers" that you battle against one another, when you hit your opponent it disables their chopper and takes them out of the sky!
    [​IMG]

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Obviously, you and I have very different ideas of what constitutes fun. :blink:

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I love it!!

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    LOL... this was a big thing at the shop about 6 months ago. they didn't get the ones with the lasers, but they had little helicopter races :lol:

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 12 2007, 08:32 AM) [snapback]524555[/snapback]</div>
    Actually from your travelogues I think we're actually pretty close on some things like that. But I have a lot of kid in me and it just won't go away...I've tried exorcism, but to no avail.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Ahhhh, to be 12 again ... back when the thought of " Authentic battlesounds ... " didn't make me cringe. At least they're electric. I'm hoping for a full scale version some day. :D

7. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hilarious! I'd have way too much fun with that.

Here's something you might also enjoy.... http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/7485/ These are R/C tanks that you can also shoot lasers at eachother with. But these go a step further and give the victim a shock through the controller when hit. *snicker* (I love ThinkGeek.com)

8. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 12 2007, 03:32 AM) [snapback]524555[/snapback]</div>
    Seems like any cat lover would love those remote helicopters.

9. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I could so see my coworkers with those!!

Or, my Dear Hubby and the "boys" (my god, the twins are nearly 20!)...

My cat would be FURIOUS about them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Oct 12 2007, 07:59 AM) [snapback]524609[/snapback]</div>
    Yup. Me too. :D

10. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I want one!
    I just wish they showed the kids wearing safety glasses in the video.If this catches on ,expect to receive additional eye injuries in the ER after Xmas.
    B)"youll poke your eye out with that thing"

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 12 2007, 06:32 AM) [snapback]524555[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 12 2007, 07:15 AM) [snapback]524587[/snapback]</div>
    Of course, if those helicopters came with an attached camera, I bet daniel would think they are great fun . . . and would be packing away a couple (and a spare) to take on his next trip so he could anonymously take aerial images of some "devastatingly beautiful women . . . in very scanty bikinis." :lol: :p

[attachmentid=11964]
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=519427

Attached Files:

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol.. that does sound like fun (the laser choppers, not the bikini woman).

13. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hahaha I love it! What fun, real pain!!

14. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Oct 12 2007, 07:59 AM) [snapback]524609[/snapback]</div>
    My, my, Angela! This gives a whole new definition to "femme fatale."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Oct 12 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]524676[/snapback]</div>
    Why? What's the connection between loving cats and enjoying battle game toys?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Oct 12 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]524827[/snapback]</div>
    I never take pictures of people without their consent. Though you seem to delight in inventing disrespectful things to accuse me of, such inventions are entirely your own. On the dolphin trip, I didn't even take a camera on the boat, though it would have been easy to take clandestine pictures.

15. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 13 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]525097[/snapback]</div>
    Oh lighten up Daniel, he was just teasing.

16. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I want one too!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 12 2007, 06:32 AM) [snapback]524555[/snapback]</div>
    It all depends on whether your "blowing sh*t up" gene (on the Y chromosome) is dominant or recessive. B)

17. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 13 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]525116[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah - I thought about including a wink emoticon ( ;) ), but I figured it could be misconstrued as some kind of "tapping ones foot in a bathroom stall" kind of signal from one pervert to another. :lol:

I too don't need to take pictures. I can just close my eyes and have the images of years of being a lifeguard during my high school and college years flash before my eyes. :lol:

I became immune to beautiful girls and women trying to use their good looks to get their way . . . after, oh, let's say, the second or third year ;) ;) ;) :mellow: .
    For example: One evening, after she was informed that she may be failing the lifesaving course I was teaching, this "devastatingly beautiful" [no, seriously . . . car accident causing, guys drooling and stammering - gorgeous!] says to me in a sexy tone, "Patrick, I'd do anythiiinnnnggg to pass this course." To which I replied, "even study?" :lol: :lol:
    She ended up passing . . . even with the female lifeguards I had administering her a punishing in-water portion of the exam.
    Afterword, she thanked me for not taking her up on her offer . . . apparently the first time she had to actually earn something not using her looks. Lucky for her it wasn't a year or two earlier . . . she would have easily passed. :lol:

18. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 13 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]525116[/snapback]</div>
    When you are friends with someone and have a positive relationship with them in which you have demonstrated good will and affection, you get the benefit of the doubt when you make a joke that comes across as insulting.

When someone has a history of reviling you, it's reasonable to assume that if something sounds like an insult, it was intended that way.

I can take whatever insults are thrown my way. I have lots of experience, as I've never hidden my political views, and that has made me very unpopular on the opposite end of the political spectrum. I have learned to take insults. But I reserve the right to respond. I found the suggestion that I would take clandestine pictures of scantily-clad women to be offensive. And coming From Patrick, I assumed it was intended that way.

(Not that I wouldn't take such pictures. But I would never do so without the permission of the lady in question!)

19. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 13 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]525199[/snapback]</div>
    Like I said, lighten up...you take things too seriously, think too deeply about superfiscial things like this. A toy is a toy, it's fun. A joke mimicking your prev. post is creative and cute and there was nothing malicious in it. Yea, I know your history in other threads, but sometimes even the various 'enemies' here on PC gan try to get along in other threads. I went so far as to agree with Malorn earlier today...I'm in therapy now, sure, but I did it.

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    as much as we all abhor violence in real life, it seems that the fake kind is often too readily accepted.

i admit to being one that plays a lot of shoot em up type games as it does take several skills involving eye-hand, strategy, etc. making the game fun and challenging. i see it being little different from any kind of competition eg: sports, since in its very basic sense, that is all war really is.

i wonder if we all humans are violent by nature and thru years of evolution, societal pressures and whatever, we have buried our violent sides deep enough that they only manifest themselves occasionally with the sudden crazy shooting up something or another which then begs the question?... do violent games prevent a sudden violent over the top relaspe, or does it release the pressure that we are not aware of ?