1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This poll for homosexuals and Bush bashing liberals only.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK lets set the facts straight. Yes Bush is against defining a Gay/Homosexual union as a marraige but then again so is the majority of American's. Bush has no problem with some type of social contract or other form of agreement.

Besides why would the Gays and Homosexuals want to get married haven't they suffered enough?!?:lol: :p :rolleyes:

Wildkow

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Presumably your point is that Bush has favoured a few gay individuals in his administration? More than Clinton did?

Of course, if this were true, I can see that this would totally outweigh the persecution of millions of ordinary Americans not in his elite circle. :rolleyes:

Presumably if Hitler had had a Jewish cabinet member or two, he would have been an alright chap?

3. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Nov 6 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]344419[/snapback]</div>
    It also completely overlooks who opened the door so GWB could appoint so many homosexuals.
    [​IMG]
    • In 1993 Bill Clinton appointed Roberta Achtenberg Assistant Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. She was the first openly gay/lesbian public official to be approved by the Senate. (Source: Wikipedia)
    • In 1999 Bill Clinton used a recess appointment to name James Hormel as ambassador to Luxembourg. He was the first openly gay ambassador. (source: CNN)
    • Clinton created the position of a presidential liaison to the gay and lesbian community. (source: MSNBC)
    • On 11/8/1997, Clinton become the first sitting president to speak before a gay and lesbian organization. (Source: Federal Globe)
    Besides making appointments, what else has Bush done for the gay & lesbian community?

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 6 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]344452[/snapback]</div>
    Also, "Don't Ask Don't Tell" was introduced by Clinton and Powell in 1993.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know, but your posts would have more credibility if you'd use correct punctuation.

For example, an apostrophe indicates possession, so you don't need one for either "Gay's" or "Homosexual's."

Also, don't those two words mean the same thing?

I think we need a poll to determine this conclusively, before we move forward to the *really* important issues which confront us.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You should've included an "I don't know" to the list, because in truth, I really don't know. And frankly, I don't think it's germaine to my Bush-bashing.

The amount of social change that has occurred in the past 20 years concerning gays has been LARGE. It still isn't where it should be, by all means, but I would bet that there have been tons of gays in every administration going back to 1787...the general public just didn't know about it. Because of that, I have no idea who has the best "record" on appointing/hiring gays. It could be Calvin Coolidge for all any of us know.

The one thing I do know is that while Clinton signed the "Defense of Marriage Act," he didn't call for a constitutional amendment outlawing gay marriage during an election year. That's all I do know.

7. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Nov 6 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]344588[/snapback]</div>
    Warren G. Harding... hands down.

Kow, it looks like a "Punctuation Nazi" tirade might be coming on.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Nov 6 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]344619[/snapback]</div>
    I'm bracing myself.

Heck, even Toyota is not immune: the MFD flashes a message with the contraction "it's" when it should be "its."

Then again, it's also been know to instruct the driver to, "...please consult to a dealer..."
    [laughing]

[attachmentid=5614]

Attached Files:

9. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 6 2006, 04:26 AM) [snapback]344404[/snapback]</div>
    Gee, how about all the Fundamentalist gay-bashers who are actually gay? How can you harp on gays with all the potential hypocrites out there who just SEEMED to be beacons of morality?

Me, I'll stick with the old idea that the squeaky wheel may be trying to draw attention away from itself...

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikepaul @ Nov 6 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]344632[/snapback]</div>
    Yes.

If one's sexual preference wasn't such a big deal to everybody else, then the "Fundamentalist gay bashers who are actually gay" would probably more likely confront who they really are, and have a chance to seek less violent ways to express themselves and to whom they're attracted. BTW, sexual preference doesn't mean vaginal vs. anal penetration, if you were wondering. It means, attracted to a male or female.

Until homosexuality is no longer such an issue, lots of the people who are most vehemently against being gay will feel compelled to stay that way...and possibly hurt those who do feel less constrained by an abstract version of "morality."

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 6 2006, 06:30 AM) [snapback]344452[/snapback]</div>
    Correction, Bill Clinton advanced it, Ronald R. Regan opened the door. <_< Carter wouldn't even meet with gay groups.

Briggs Initiative:. . . It was the first attempt to restrict gay and lesbian rights through a ballot measure. However, it is historically significant that the polls changed in the opponents favor when former Governor Ronald Reagan, later President opposed the measure. Reagan opposed the California ballot initiative sponsored by religious conservatives that would have barred homosexuals from teaching in the public schools. As legend has it, Reagan penned an editorial for a major California newspaper in which he opposed the initiative. The timing is significant because he was then preparing to run for president, a race in which he would need the support of conservatives and moderates who felt very uncomfortable with homosexual teachers, however Reagan chose to state his convictions. Wikipeida

During Reagan's presidency the first openly gay couple spent a night together in the White House. In a column for The Washington Post on March 18, 1984, Robert Kaiser described the sleep-over: “[The Reagans'] interior decorator, Ted Graber, who oversaw the redecoration of the White House, spent a night in the Reagans' private White House quarters with his male lover, Archie Case, when they came to Washington for Nancy Reagan's 60th birthday party. . . . Indeed, all the available evidence suggests that Ronald Reagan is a closet tolerant.†Tolerance is not acceptance, however, and Reagan made it clear in speeches that he would not cross the line to the latter. Said Reagan during the 1980 presidential campaign: “My criticism is that [the gay movement] isn't just asking for civil rights; it's asking for recognition and acceptance of an alternative lifestyle which I do not believe society can condone, nor can I.â€

Aside from his tolerant personal attitude, Reagan's actual record on civil liberties for gays was surprisingly good. Cannon reports that Reagan was “repelled by the aggressive public crusades against homosexual life styles which became a staple of right wing politics in the late 1970s.â€

http://www.indegayforum.org/news/show/26670.html

Wildkow

12. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm gay.

I'm happy go lucky. I always am happy.

So, yeah, I must be gay.

Have a Gay Ole' Time!!!

(was it only less then 40 years ago, that the Flintstones had a Gay Ole' Time??)

But...wait...I am not a homosexual, unless you mean that I like to have sex with homo sapiens. Then I am all for that.

13. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Nov 7 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]344897[/snapback]</div>
    And most times, doesn't just having sex make one gay? I mean, unless it's bad sex, of course.

:p

14. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Nov 7 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]344926[/snapback]</div>
    So really, all sex is gay sex unless it sucks?!?

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 7 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]345066[/snapback]</div>
    :D

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Nov 6 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]344619[/snapback]</div>
    That girl is hard as rocks and pretty much tirade/rant proof. Just the way I like my wimmen and just about the only way they can put up with me! :lol: :rolleyes: :p

OTOH she has a great smile.

Wildkow

p.s. Why dont’ they make; a punctuation’s, checker!

17. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know, I used to smoke fags, until that word no longer meant cigarettes.
    [laughing]

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone!

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Nov 7 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]344926[/snapback]</div>
    After 22 years of marriage any kind of sex makes me gay! [attachmentid=5625]

Wildkow :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 7 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]345066[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't that sex too? I mean unless your Bill Clinton and then it just depends on what your definition of "is" is. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wildkow

Attached Files:

19. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

Question part 1:

I'm one of the Bush bashers; I'm a moderate Republican who believes that Bush has done more to hurt our country than any president in history.

As for part 2:

I could care less about the gay thing.

20. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Nov 6 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]344588[/snapback]</div>
    Ok ya'll to accommodate livelychick we will henceforth consider the choice “I don't want to answer this question because I know the answer but if I tell the truth it reveals my hypocrisy.†The same as “I don’t know†Happy now? Geeeez, I feel like a biggymous on this board with all the nagging about my spelling, punctuation, poll questions. What’s next my driving habits and hygiene?!?

BTW I was asking/talking about a conscious knowledgeable appointment of Gay’s’ and Homosexuals’s’ otherwise, I may have to include whomever appointed J. Edgar Hoover Director of the FBI.

Wildkow