1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This year is going to be a great year

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by heliotropehead, Jun 15, 2005.

1. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

My husband(still sounds weird) and I traded in his Honda Accord tonight for a Honda Element (Green EX). I've mentioned previously that before I decided the Prius was the one for me, I desperately wanted, what I consider to be, the most beautiful box on wheels on the planet... the Element! Now I have both!!! Technically the Element is his but when I look out the window and see the green Element next to the silver Prius I can't help but think they're both mine. Two dream cars in love. Awww! :D

So in the span of 2 weeks I got married, found a better job and am moving back to my hometown of NOLA... annnnnd I have a brand new baby for my Prius to play with! Getting married was my good luck charm! Everyone should try it! :lol:

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:c739f15238]Congratulations on EVERYTHING, heliotropehead!!! NOLA is one of my favorite towns, I wish you many new cars with your new husband, and what a great way to start! [/font:c739f15238]

3. bobc

bobc New Member

Helio,

Yes, congrats on great choices in your life! In marriage, theoretically, there is no his and hers. So, the Element is also yours! So glad to hear of someone that is so happy!

Cheers,

4. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Element's are great!!!! I came within a day of buying one before I took a really hard look at the Prius. I wish I could own both too, and tried to get my wife to get one, but she's set on a Land Cruiser. I was going to get a 2005 Element EX AWD in Nighthawk Black Pearl, same color as my Civic right now, but alas, the Prius shall be mine. Maybe if I win a small lottery, I shall buy an Element for the winters :D Congrats on being happy with both of "your" cars :wink:

Dave.

5. heliotropehead

Thanks guys! :)

I have to say, the Element is a really fun car. It's so different from my Prius. More visibility, higher more comfortable seating, 6-disc mp3 player & satellite radio, tons and tons of head room and rear space and I really love that everything is rubber and rugged. If I could combine the Prius & the Element I think we would have the world's all around best car! As an aside, our Honda salesperson, I think, was a little intimidated that I owned a Prius. He was telling everyone that I drove the "competition"... and then went on to say that the Insight gets better mileage & HP. I responded with just enough for him to keep his ignorance to himself during the rest of the process. :lol:

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I'm tickled for you (and your husband)! Plus, I also like the Element. Can't stand the Scion Xb box; but the Element is just a fun car.

Plus, it has an AUX-IN for your MP3 player/iPod! (Toyota -- are you listening?!)

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congrats on the great things Heliotrope!

I agree, great things happen when you get married. It happened to us too. Now maybe that repeats itself on your first anniversary (ours is next week, so i'm hoping so)

The cars and the move and all that is some great stuff. We kinda did the same thing in different order. Get married. Move. Buy car. Buy another car. :)

Now eventually we'll do the house buying thing and the baby thing and my family will finally shut up! :) I will advise you to watch out for mom-wants-to-be-grandma snyndrome. It develops quickly after daughter gets married and includes incessant phone calls and whining. Sister-wants-to-be-aunt syndrome is less difficult to deal with but also can appear quite quickly after you get married....

Best wishes to you in marital bliss :mrgreen: and remember that you have each other in good times and can lean on each other in bad times (although hopefully they will be few and far between)

8. heliotropehead

Thanks again! I'm still over the moon, which I have to say, is a good place to be. :) My husband and I dated for 7 years before finally taking that next step. We wanted to be sure we were compatible. :lol:

As for babies... I'm pretty vocal about it and so I've informed the moms that I'd like to wait at least another 6 or 20 years. :lol: However, if it happens sooner then of course we'll happily deal with it.

9. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bookrats\";p=\"99359)</div>
    I agree...to me, an Aux in is the only thing I find lacking in the Prius model...I'm sure it can be done with a little creativity (unfortunately, I overslept when they taught creativity classes in college).