1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Those PRIUS are sure getting cheap

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by azguy, Apr 9, 2007.

1. azguy

azguy New Member

There are lots of places selling the PRIUS at dealer invoice. What a change over 6 months ago when I bough mine. Deals and availablity are so great I feel greedy and want to get a second one.

Regards
    Kurt

2. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Got mine in April 2006 for msrp invoice would have been nice.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sunday's LA paper had them for $2000 off MSRP. Also had a used 05 with "carpool stickers", no price listed. I paid list +$500 dealer add-on "value package" back in Jan 06. Times have changed.

4. iaowings

iaowings New Member

This is great. I have several friends in the military who saw my prius and wanted one but decided to wait because the cost was to high. Now that they can bargain I bet they will buy them now. One of my friends wants the base model like mine but would like it for just under 20k he said 18-19 would be nice. At the time even the used ones were hard to find and not eve close to that price. well none of the gen2 were. I am certain he will find a good used one as he has a large family and any way to save helps them a lot. Right now he drives an old geo metro to work but it is about 2 miles from falling apart he needs a new car that he can commute in and take the family around town in. he has 4 kids so it will be crowded in the car but that wont be their every day family car.

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Howdy azguy

...and welcome to PriusChat, the absolutely best online source for Prius information.

I traded up from my '04 Prius to my '07 Touring Edition last November. At that time, the '07's were 'on the way' and the Touring Edition was the 'new kid on the street' so to speak. I was happy to get an unusually high trade offer for my '04 PLUS an MSRP discount on the '07... a deal unheard of only a month before. Had I waited a couple of months, the deals got better with the arrival of '07's on dealers' lots.... BUT... I'm pleased with my '07 Prius and the deal.

I would go for a second Prius, but my wife is still happy with her '96 Camry which at 112K miles has been an excellent car. You will occasionally see posts on PriusChat questioning whether to 'wait for the next generation' of Prius. My take... Make the best deal you can when you're ready to buy and enjoy your car.

6. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wouldn't call a Prius ($21,000 car) cheap by any means, but they are getting cheapER.

7. sxmurin

sxmurin New Member

I bought mine yesterday... got the $2000 manufacturers discount and then got the dealer to take off quite a bit more (>$1000). This was for a Barcelona Red #6. Looking at sales data they are really picking up with the incentives of the past two months (low interest last month, the $2K this month) and I suspect as soon as production and sales equilibrate the great deals will be gone.

8. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Maybe 'cheaper' is not the word to use here :) But you certainly can now go into your dealer with some leverage and ability to work a deal. Our '07 took some work, but ended up $2k under list after we made them bring in the color and package we wanted.

Note to perspective buyers: Now is a good time to shop for one!

9. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Someone better close this thread. We don't want anyone to discuss a glut of Prius's on the lot or any discounting. It looks bad, I'm sure.

The original source for your discounting is only 6 days old, but we've heard it all before.

Close it please!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. acdii

acdii Active Member

So, I got mine for MSRP minus $4000 for an explorer sight unseen. I look at it as msrp-$2000 as the Explorer really was only worth $2000 at the most. It was the last one on the lot and the last day of 2.9% financing, I dont think I could have talked them down on it at that time since they sold out everything they had the previous Saturday and this one had just arrived in the morning before we got there. I like the car, but do wish I had had a choice for more options, but I still believe I got a good deal.

11. snowdog650

snowdog650 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As I have said before on these pages, I got mine for $1500 under invoice back in March (yes, invoice). Got a package #6 for $25,700 AND got the 2.9% APR.

The deals are out there.

12. ESanders2

ESanders2 New Member

"As I have said before on these pages, I got mine for $1500 under invoice back in March (yes, invoice). Got a package #6 for $25,700 AND got the 2.9% APR."

Check Edmunds. That's not 1500 off invoice, it's more like invoice or maybe 500 below.

13. techman01

techman01 New Member

makes up for the lack of the $3000 tax break.............

14. htnguyenjd

htnguyenjd New Member

Bought my Super White with Package #2 on 3/31/07 for $20,995.00. Price included the floor & cargo mats and the dreaded $620 delivery fee. I have good credit, but could not take advantage of 0% financing (for 24 months) and ended up with paying 2.9% APR for 60 months. This is not cheap by any means, but it softened the "blow" a little :lol: