1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Those with Ventureshield, What type of Wax?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by GSW, Sep 11, 2009.

1. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've heard of Plexus plastic cleaner, but is there any common synthetic wax out there that you would recommend for a urethane clear bra? Thanks! George

2. priusagent

priusagent New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not sure about what type of wax, have complete VS front end on my Blizzard Pearl pkg 5, been on for a week or so now, so pretty new... use Plexus and the bugs wipe off like they are still wet.. so far, very nice, the VS with the Plexus is smoother than the vehicle paint, why do you want to use wax? I'm sure that if you can't find it locally you can get Plexus shipped to you.

3. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yep, I can get Plexus shipped. Meanwhile I went ahead and tried Turtle Wax ICE. From what you described, Plexus sounds allot like ICE. You can put it on virtually everything except glass. BTW, saw your VS pics and looks great!

4. priusagent

priusagent New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks! I am pleased with the install, there are a few very small bubbles but I'm thinking about giving it more time to dry out before I start calling the installer and pointing things out. I haven't seen the Turtle Wax stuff but I imagine that there are products out there very similar to the Plexus. As long as it works then you're good to go.. but so far the Plexus has done right by me, I can typically just take a terry or micro fiber rag and wipe the bugs right off. I'm really glad that I put the VS on, wasn't cheap but peace of mind is nice.

5. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Same here! 80 miles round trip a day, 5 days a week causes some significant damage over a period of time. I feel very good about VS and am curious as to how its going to hold up over the next few years.