1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thought I would Share

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, May 2, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    While patrolling a neighborhood at the end of my shift, I was driving down this road and a woman comes running out to the street screaming from her van in her drive way.

woman: sees me and flags me down.
    me: I ask her whats the matter?
    woman: theres a racoon in my van!
    me: a what??? howd it get there?
    woman: The vans been sitting for a month in the driveway and the vent window was open.
    me: I see
    woman: it tried to attack me
    me: lets see what we have here, look in side window, bam this large racoon hits the window!
    me: jumps back and exclaims !@$#*&^%$ thats a racoon alright!
    woman: now laughing at me for jumping 2 ft back
    me: called animal services they come out, chase the racoon out of the van and discover a litter of 4 babies. animal services takes the babies to a racoon rescue.

me: end of shift.

I thought I would share an interesting moment from my day. :)

2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL that is pretty funny!

On my last field study we camped in an area reknowned for it's gypsies of the night (raccoons) and the bastards got inside the van where some of my food was located and tore everything up and ate my Cliff Bars. :( I told all 20 students to ensure their food and toothpaste stuff was locked up in the cargo van at night and never leave that stuff unattended. Yeah, out of 23 people my stuff was the only thing the damn coons got into. Figures because last time I camped there the same thing happened when I left a zipped up gym bag on a picnic table 10ft. from me whiel I sat at the fire...... :rolleyes:

4. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That is definitely a funny story of a masked bandit!

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ May 2 2007, 06:24 PM) [snapback]434331[/snapback]</div>
    Hilarious. Anything in current events this would be a good metaphor for?

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Raccoons are supposed to be smart, but I got one who was in the slow class. He was smart enough to figure out how to get into the house through the doggy door, but not smart enough to figure out he could exit the same way. Eventually I just opened the back door, got out of the way, and he figured it out from there. The whole time, my dog was quivering in the bedroom saying, "I'm gonna stay out of this one, OK?"

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ May 2 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]434391[/snapback]</div>

Smart dog.. Hahaha

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My first summer living in rural North Dakota I decided to compost my garbage by dumping it in the garden. One evening around twilight I went out to the garden with a pail of garbage, and there was a racoon at the garbage pile. As I approached, it stamped its front feet and made a loud hissing sound. I backed away, and the next day dug a trench and covered up all the garbage. From then on, the garbage went into the trench and got covered immediately. Racoons are nasty.

Later that summer I discovered that they would pull down the ripening ears of corn and take one bite out of each ear, destroying dozens of ears at a time. After that I bought and installed an electric fence around the garden. It kept the rabbits out also, though they were only a problem early in the season when the new shoots were emerging.