1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thoughts on this Wheel and Tire Setup..??

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by DamonBoost, Aug 1, 2012.

1. DamonBoost

DamonBoost New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Proud new Owner of a Silver PC 2..

I am looking at switching from the factory 15" wheels to the following setup:

16x7 Konig Bronze Helium 40mm offset
    195/50-16 in either a 17-18lb tire as I am looking at the following tires:
    -Kumho Ecsta 4X
    -General Tire G MAXAS-03
    -Continental ExtremeContact DWS
    With a 17lb tire my wheel/tire combo should be 32.2lbs vs. 32.5lbs stock.

If I keep the weight that close to stock will I assume I will only experience a slight drop in mpg due to the tire being wider and stretched a bit on that 7" rim.

Do you guys think I will experience any rubbing with that setup?

I am planning on installing some Tanabe Lowering Springs as well.. Just as soon as I figure out which ones and how low I want to go.

I am attaching a picture of bronze wheels on a Silver Car so you guys don't think it will look hideous (although you still might, lol)
    195 50 16 yes.jpg DSC_0937.JPG

2. mremaximus

mremaximus "I can't wait to start hammering people" Bubbles

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I love those wheels, but I have no idea about rubbing issues. I was thinking about those with Michelin Harmony 185/60/15.

3. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Assuming you meant 195/50-16 and you're in the ballgame. Also keep in mind none of those tires are LRR, so chances are your fuel economy will take a hit.

Of the lot, however, the Conti DWS's are excellent. A friend of mine has the DWS's on his Honda CR-Z and still gets well over the EPA economy ratings, FWIW they may be good for a non-LRR tire.

The bronze wheels will look good once you lower it, but IMO they'll look a bit off until you do. As a side bonus, brake dust will be hidden better by the wheel finish.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My choice in that size would be the Continental DWS. It's a good tire at a good price despite not being as efficient as LRR tires.

5. DamonBoost

DamonBoost New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry I definitely meant 16" for the tire....
    Thanks guys for the recommendation on the DWS tire, I will give it some serious consideration...