1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thread on Best Method to Mount Aftermarket GPS?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by joe1347, Aug 23, 2009.

1. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can someone point me to the best thread that talks about mounting an aftermarket GPS in a Gen II? I assume that there's several excellent ones hidden in the 500 threads that a search using the keyword navigation turns up.

I'm currently planning to dash mount a Garmin nuvi 265T using the ProClip mount sold on priuschat - and I'd like to both look at other options along with learning about the best method to run the DC power line through the dash and have it pop out next to the Garmin. I'm assuming that since the Garmin 265T has bluetooth - I'll want to make a more permanent looking installation.

Also, I'm open to other dash mounting (permanent looking) or GPS alternatives. Please feel free to make any suggestions. Although I prefer the smaller 3.5" display on the 265T instead of the widescreen 4.3" displays that seem typical on car GPS systems with bluetooth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III