1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

three month wait is over

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by blueduce, Jul 10, 2012.

1. blueduce

blueduce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well after 2 1/2 month wait my blue streak p2 finally arrived. will pick up tomorrow i ordered it april 25 dealer told me 4-6 weeks, i knew better.patience i have. 31 years between new car purchases will do that. 1981 plymouth turusmo miser tc2 $5100.00 out the door.i believe at the time it was mileage champ i never achieved 50 mpg as advertised. so there it is a 55 year old man in a car geared towared younger buyers.now i want bumper spoilers and rocker mouldings just like you can get in japan i would be happy. thanks blueduce

2. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! You're gonna have a blast in the C.:)

This is only the second new car I've ever owned - few years older than you. We bought a Fit 5 years ago when it was being marketed to younger buyers. We can think young can't we?:cool:

3. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on your new C!! Glad your patience has paid off :)

4. Emily Allerton

Emily Allerton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Enjoy your new car! It's also my second new one ever--I got a Corolla FX new in 1988 for about $7000. You're going to love it! Post pics when you get the car...

5. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats. I had to wait over three months for mine to arrive. It was worth it. Of course, I can say that now. I was wound pretty tight towards the end of the wait. Let us know how you like your new toy.

new iPad ?

6. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I hope you enjoy your new car! I left a 21 year old car for my Prius. It was so incredibly quiet (not only because the engine shuts off at stop lights, but because of the rattles that a 21 year old car accumulates.

Take about 15 seconds everytime you get into in and just sit and "enjoy" the new car before you start it up and drive off. It is a great feeling.

7. blueduce

blueduce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well i got it, happy as i can be, first 22 mile city drive no air 61.5mpg amazing. tomorrow my work drive that i got 38mpg in my old del sol smoken driping no air working ex driver. to work no air- home with air -will post results. did i say i was happy . thanks for all reply's blueduce

8. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Blueduce,

You will find your "Displayed Mileage" will be optimistic by about 4 to 5%. Just want you to be aware prior to filling up and finding that your displayed 60 mpg comes out as a calculated 57 mpg (which is still fantastic!). Keep your air pressures up and your top speed down and you will LOVE LOVE LOVE your mileage!