1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Three O.E. Tire models

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Craigmri, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Craigmri

Craigmri New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm seeing three different tire models on the Prius's on the local lots.

Which of the three tires in screen-shot do you recommend and why?

Craig

Attached Files:

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mine came with the Bridgestones, which I read in a review were supposed to be decent tires. I have read here that the Goodyears have a better tread life rating. I've used Bridgestones on various different vehicles over the years and have always gotten good wear out of them. The ones on our Prius seem to function just fine, I'm averaging between 56-57 mpg city so I can't complain. Went 2 hours south to Perry GA yesterday, first highway trip and averaged 52 mpg down and back at 75 mph, so I'm getting better than the EPA rating in both city and highway. No complaints with the Bridgestones here!

3. Craigmri

Craigmri New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Paul,

Thats some impressive MPG stats. I too am a fan of the Bridgestone brand however when looking at the ratings of the three it appears the Goodyear is the winner(at least on paper). It has the better tread-wear(580) rating as well as traction(A) and temperature(A) ratings.

BTW, If I end up coming up to GA next weekend I'll give you a heads up as to which dealer.

Craig

4. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Craig,

Good luck in your search. Be sure to give Jason a chance to earn your business, he's taken very good care of me, even threw in a full set of mats for me, even with the deal I got!

5. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    after reading a couple of threads on the tires and researching them....i feel like i got royally screwed on the yokohamas. they don't have as good of ratings, and they cost more. does anyone have any positive info about them?

6. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How many miles you have on them? When I lived in Indy, I went to Indy Tire and they swapped out my OEM tires for a better set and gave me credit for the full price of the OEMs. I had less than 1000 miles on the tires. It was well worth the trouble. Being as the Yoko's are more expensive, you'd have more credit to apply to a new set, you could go for something nicer...

7. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've got a loaner while the dealership tints my windows, it a Red IV w/Solar and has the Yokohama tires. I immediately noticed this vehicle is louder than mine. Not sure if it's the tires, the sunroof, or a combination of both. All I know if my III w/Nav is significantly quieter. Just thought I'd share...

8. noweyout

noweyout Trying to get used to it

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yokohamas tend to have higher tire/road noise because of the materials they use. Supposed to be better for grip. I ran Yokos on my previous vehicles and all have been loud after initial wear.