1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thrilled New Owner in PA

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by LindaD8284, Apr 5, 2008.

1. LindaD8284

LindaD8284 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am a former Mercury Mariner owner, having traded it in 10 days ago for my Magnetic Gray Prius. I bought the Mariner 3 years ago when I didn't have a long commute to work. I'm now driving about 45 miles one way and it seemed like I was at the gas station every other day.

Well, I finally smartened up and decided I needed something better on gas. I didn't know what to get but I decided to try the Toyota dealer since everyone that I know who has one likes theirs. I test drove a Camry and then asked to drive the Prius. I was hooked!

I'm loving everything about this car. It's a fun car to drive, handles great and the smart key system is the best. The best part is that I'm not at the gas station all the time!

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congrats and welcome to Priuschat! Any pics? Color?

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to Priuschat neighbor. Where id you get your Prius? Dick Milhamn?

4. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :welcome: to PC and to Pruis ownership! Lots of great info here, from the mudane to the very technical. The people are nice too.

5. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations and great color choice by the way. Just got my windows tinted and getting ready to order a block heater for it...:)

6. LindaD8284

LindaD8284 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the welcome!

Paprius - yes, I did get it at Dick Milham. They were really great and give me a good deal on the Mariner, actually more than I thought I would get, considering it had a lot of miles on it. By the way, I love the Poconos - it's such a beautiful area!

Neicy - The color is Magnetic Gray. I'll try to remember to post a picture of it!

HardCase - I've learned things about my Prius (such as the best way to fill the gas tank) since I found this board. Everyone does seem very nice!

Sandman - I miss not having the back windows tinted (the Mariner had it). I'm not very technical but is the block heater for the engine?

7. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes a block heater plugs in and uses electricity to warm the block helps the engine warm up quicker when you leave in the morning and improves MPG's.Do a search on block heater's there is a ton of info on them...It goes into a hole on bottom of motor then you must route the cord out the front grill...