1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tideland Pearl 04

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DuncanNixon2004, Jun 20, 2004.

1. DuncanNixon2004

DuncanNixon2004 New Member

Hi all,

Started looking for a new car, not necessarily this car, on May 26. Dealer called on May 28 to say he had arranged for us to have this car by June 18.

It was here on the 17th but our schedules conflicted for delivery. On the 18th we did the deal. There was some chatter about a CDN$500 gas rebate which we thought applied (as did the business manager) but the salesman said it was only for commercial vehicles. The sales manager threw in another full tank of gas to soothe our wounded spirits over the loss of the CDN$500 so it was sort of all good at the end. We wound up paying CDN$9 under MSRP and got an extra full tank of gas out of the deal. Canadians, wherever you are, tell me how you made out!

On the downside/upside upside/downside we were unable to resist the blandishments of the business manager regarding ECP which cost CDN$1675 for 84/12000km. Nor where we able to pass on the fabric and paint LIFETIME protection against stains or fading or whatever for CDN$699. We are putty in their hands, the great gods of car sales!!!

We are off to the Yukon (land of the midnight sun) for the summer. This is the same Yukon that (according to the map) is the land of the UNPAVED road. My wife thinks we should take the "good" highway to where we are going???? So I expect we are going to beat the living he** out of this little buggy before we return.

I laugh at the ECP and I further laugh at the initial guarantee. Let me see them tow the vehicle to an authorized Toyota dealership within 300km (200mi) when we are in the Yukon. HAH!!

I will keep you posted.

Have a good less polluting summer with your PRI.

Duncan

Did I mention "wow, wow, & wow wow!" What a car, what a vehicle, what a concept. Toyota rules!

2. Marg

Marg New Member

Congratulations on your new car! We've had ours since the end of May, have driven it about 2500 km so far and are still crazy about it.

The only annoyances are : inadequate headroom in the back seat for tall people (but we knew about that prior to purchase, so not point complaining too much), high sensitivity to crosswinds, and occasional noisiness during quick accelerations.

These annoyances are minor and are far outweighed by the fuel economy and the fun.

We paid MSRP. The business manager was not too pushy about the warranty and extra care stuff, so we didn't get them. We were pretty sure we didn't want them, anyways. Our wait was about 10 weeks.

As for financial incentives, what province are you in? In Ontario, hybrid owners can get a provincial sales tax credit of up to $1,000. There is some kind of incentive program in BC, too, although I don't know the details. (A couple of west coasters in the group will probably chime in with the BC info when they have the chance). If you're from any other province, though, I believe you're out of luck.

Good thing you got the Prius before your trip. You will be accumulating lots of kms if you're headed up there and the Prius will help you cut down on gas expenses. This may seem like a really stupid question, but, is there a Toyota dealership in Whitehorse? If so, does it have a Prius technician?

3. Marg

Marg New Member

Just found out -- Whitehorse does have a dealership

Decided to check the Toyota.ca website. Whitehorse has a dealership and it is listed as a Prius dealer. Right on!

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

if your from B.C. pm me and I'll give you the tax code numbers to get your rebate of about $580 If you state your province others will join the fray. Enjoy the Alaska Hiway and the Yukon and be sure to stop at the Liard Hot Springs and also the Takinhi Hot Springs just outside of Whitehorse. Both good spots to soak and loosen up. PS when your back tell us how it did on Steamboat Mtn.