1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tideland Pearl 2005#6 Ordered March04, ElMonte CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by jarednc, Nov 21, 2004.

1. jarednc

jarednc New Member

Date Ordered: March 15, 2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Longo Toyota in El Monte, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 1 -365 days, especially if I was flexible, but Nguyen said he thought, fer sure, I'd get it before XMAS
    Color: Tideland Pearl (greenish gray)
    Option Package: 2005 #6 (=2004 #9)
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: I was told, initially, that I was #345. I was also told that Longo Toyota is the largest Toyota dealership in the World and that they receive, at minimum, 2 Priuses per week. Essentially, nobody could possibly have calculated how long it would really take for me to get my car, but it was probably going to be sometime within the next 6 years.

Meanwhile, I had "feelers" out at about 10 other dealerships, was offered about 8 cars (all the wrong color except for one, for which they wanted $3K over MSRP). I also put down a deposit in Maine, figuring I would be offered a car there long before being offered one in CaliFORnIA (we have a country house in Maine). I was offered a #3 in Maine about 4 days before being offfered one closeby in El Monte. That car is still on its way to Maine on a truck. The #6 from Longo is in my garage. Woo HOO!!!