1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tideland Pearl #9 - 04/26/04 - San diego, CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by peart75, Apr 29, 2004.

1. peart75

peart75 New Member

Date Ordered: 04/26/04
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Frank Toyota, National City, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 6 months
    Color: Tideland Pearl or Silver
    Option Package: #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 6th

no deposit was asked for. I had called a few local dealers prior to this dealer saying 9-12 months on their wait lists and being listed over #100. I plan on calling more places this weekend in smaller towns that may have shorter wait lists.

-drew

2. peart75

peart75 New Member

put myself on a different list in fresno that has a 1-2 month wait, significantly better than what i have been able to find locally and worth the 4-5 hr trek into the valley.

they said they get about 8-10 cars a month.

Date Ordered: 04/26/04
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Michael Toyota, Fresno, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 1-2 months
    Color: Tideland Pearl or Silver
    Option Package: #9

the person i spoke with was very professional and sent me a quote for the car @ MSRP and included all the things like title, tax, and registration. i can't wait!

-drew

3. peart75

peart75 New Member

got this from the dealership i am working with in fresno

-drew

4. peart75

peart75 New Member

an update on my car tonight. i got the call! it will be in port at LA on the 13th and ready for pick up on the 15th. I'll drive up to fresno on the 17th to complete the transaction. my experience so far has been very good, i ghighly reccomend this dealer.

i can't wait =]

-drew

5. Airgetlam

Airgetlam Junior Member

Hmmm... I'm currently in line at Toyota Escondido for a silver #9, with more than 6 months left out of my 8 to 10 month wait.

I'm not hurting to get the new car, but a shorter wait sure sounds attractive.

Bruce

6. peart75

peart75 New Member

their wait is no longer 1-2 months now. i'm sure it's under 6 months though. if you are interested, my rep is evan schroeder, their web site is http://www.michaeltoyota.com.

good luck!
    -drew

7. peart75

peart75 New Member

ugh
    shipment delayed. picking up prius next weekend.

-drew

8. peart75

peart75 New Member

UGH

delivery has been delayed yet once again.

my rep called me today and said there was a slight problem. they found a scratch on one of the doors and a ding on the other. he said the ding wouldn't be a problem but it actually chipped the paint. the solution? repaint both doors entirely at the very least. he mentions they might even replace one of, if not both doors.

i was supposed to head up there this weekend and pick them up, but obviously the paint won't be dry. so, i'll have to go next weekend.

o well, such is life. i do appreciate his honesty about the whole situation and that they didn't try to just buff it out or anything.

-drew

9. peart75

peart75 New Member

Finally took delivery this past saturday, 07/31/04.

took about 3 months from order to delivery, a little longer than the originally quoted time frame, but i'm not unhappy about this.

It was a pleasure working with this dealer. Anyone who has an order with Michael Toyota in Fresno, CA will appreciate the transaction.

I asked them about their current wait and it's no longer as short as it used to be, but they should still be considered if you are currently looking if for the ease of transaction alone.

My rep was Evan Schroeder and he made sure everything came out perfect for me! The extra mile they took to make sure the doors were repaired properly before delivery (a full repaint and not just buffed out) is testament in itself.

That aside, I cannot believe I am driving this car sometimes. My old car was/is a '93 accord and it's like I stepped into the future. The engineering behind this car is truly a marvel in our times.

thanks!
    drew

10. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi Drew,
    Welcome to the multitude of owners in San Diego! I got mine just up the road from Fresno, in Merced. I had a great experience as well (and I've recommended them numerous times), so it looks like Central Valley dealers get five stars for good sales! My wait was a little over two months (took delivery at the end of March), but it took that long since I held out for a red one (Manny and I have SUCH good taste.....).

If you have not yet joined the San Diego Prius Club, I encourage you to do so. We had almost 50 people and 30 cars at our recent gathering, so I think it must be the largest club in the country! :) Our next meeting is planned for September 26th, so I hope you can make it.

11. peart75

peart75 New Member

thank you, mcbrunnhilde.

i do plan on being at the next meet, as soon as my girlfriend stops teasing me about it. i look forward to meeting you and everyone else! it's hard to talk about it sometimes because no one i know has one.

do i have to sign up in a particular spot or just show up at the meet?

on a side note, i'm working on taking pics of my car (i did the interior tonight) and will post them once i compile it all together.

-drew

12. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Drew, here's a link to a post Sev MacPete made in the San Diego section of the Local Clubs forum. Sev is the organizer and de facto President of the club, and he maintains the mailing list. There's a link at the end of his post to his e-mail address. It's best if you get in contact with him for full information.

http://priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3482

BTW don't listen to your girlfriend. The average IQ of Prius owners is far above that of any other car!!! :)