1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tideland Pearl vs Magnetic Gray

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cagemo, Oct 4, 2006.

1. cagemo

cagemo Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any of you Mag Gray or Tideland drivers got a pic of the two colors side by side?

Of course I can tell them apart from the badges and grill, but the colors seem very similar. Tideland seems more green, but I still haven't seen them together.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Magnetic Grey is solid darkish grey. (or light charcoal if that helps).

Tideland Pearl is grey-green, more cement (on the greyscale).

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You can see all the colors here. Yeah, Tideland Pearl seems more greenish.

4. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The bottom line for me is that both are lovely. Both are Priuses.

The Tideland Pearl (great name, BTW) looks grey in every light but in bright light looks greenish-grey.

The Magnetic Gray (don't you love that name?!) looks anywhere from grey (bright light) to black-ish (dimmer conditions & far away).

What really counts is what you like & what you want. As far as I know, they both drive exactly the same. :)

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, I ordered a Classic Silver, but a Magnetic Grey with package #7 (which I ordered) happen to come in first, and I fell in love with it immediately; I think I like it even better than the Silver because everybody where I live has a Silver one (well, everyone who owns a Prius, which is quite a bit for a small town).

Actually, a Driftwood Pearl came in before that, but I didn't like it at all. Beige I can deal with, shiny I defintely like, but shiny beige is just wrong (no offense to you Driftwood Pearl owners; this is just my own taste).

Come to think of it, with the above exception, all the colors are great. At least on the web page there and in the brochure.