1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Time Between Port and Dealer?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mr.scott.com, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

I have a 2010 that is supposed to arrive at the Newark port on June 29. What is the ballpark time between when it hits the port and when it gets to the dealer? I am not having any options added at the port.

Thanks!

2. yortch

yortch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Should be about a week or so...

3. dsviv

dsviv Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Newark port 6/10 (Pyxis Leader), estimated dealer delivery 6/22 (eastern PA). Only PIO - mats & bumber decal. Hope this helps.

4. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

What ship? Overseas Joyce or New Century 1?

I have a paper with details on my car on the New Century 1 but I don't see any dates

I watched the two salesmen this evening looking at the PC screen and they told me the three cars they received today (18th) were from the Andromeda Leader that docked at Newark on the 14th. This seems like a quick delivery and I didn't see the actual paperwork but I don't see how they could have messed that up. This is in West Virginia.

5. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

For me - in FL / SET region. Ship arrived in Jacksonville Port on Monday 6/8. Unloaded and prepped (only one port option installed and THAT was wrong). My car was at my dealer Friday 6/12 and I picked it up Saturday 6/13. Can't beat that timing IMO.

1 person likes this.
  6. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Mine has been in port since the 9th supposedly. Haven't gotten it yet. Just 2 options added other than the mats. Port is probably 20 miles away. Thought it would be here sooner, but nothing yet. She said it would be a miracle if it showed up by the weekend as well. I don't know what's going on. I'm so anxious and I feel bad about bothering her about it, but I'm dying without my new car.

7. dsviv

dsviv Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Still waiting on a car from the Pryxis Leader in eastern PA. No word from the dealer today (6/19) about the estimated Monday, 6/22 delivery. WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG???

8. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    mine is on the andromeda leader docked 6/14 newark, dealer still shows 6/28 eta in eastern shore of maryland - hoping for improvement since i think the ship was early

i think that each ship drops X cars at each port, and they have to processed by finite #s of people at the port and driven away by finite #s of trucks, so there is probably a big range of timeframes between docking and dropping your car at the dealer

1 person likes this.
  9. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i also have a IV solar (blz prl) and need to remind myself that i am getting one of very few Iv solars in the region, so patience is called for, but is hard

10. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It is weird that WV already has deliveries from the Pyxis but Eastern PA does not.

11. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

Mine is on the Texas Highway, due in port on June 29.

12. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

Hi Fred,
    I am VERY patient. I was hoping it would be in my the 3rd week of August, so anything earlier is gravy!

I did what you suggested and worked with more than one dealer. One contacted me yesterday with a grey IV w/ sunroof yesterday (I gave them 3 color choices), so he won (BTW, his dealership was only allocated 2 w/ sunroofs). The other contacted me this evening and he only had an allocation for 2 with sunroofs as well, one in white (blizzard pearl) and the other in black, so he lost. I do like the look of the white, but I'd never keep in clean enough to do it justice.

13. dsviv

dsviv Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I finally got confirmation from the dealer that the car is officially category F. He says its still on track to be delivered Monday. Can't wait!

14. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

What is category F?

15. jonathandz

jonathandz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    F = Finally Coming?

F = Frantic Owner Keeps Calling About Delivery Date?

F = Frankly We'll Tell You Anything To Get You To Stop Calling?

:)

16. dsviv

dsviv Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    F = Freight, which to us means in transit from port to dealer. I liked your versions much better (all of them). Next is G for Ground, which means "our ship has landed" - oh, I mean the car has arrived at the dealership.

What I want to know is generally, how long does the prep take once it gets to the dealer? If it arrives at the dealer on Monday, does that mean it might be ready to pick up on Monday? I hope so. If not, I will have to wait until Weds. Bummer.

1 person likes this.
  17. Hozz

Hozz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

My Prius V AT was unloaded at port on 4 June, I received it on the 16th of June. As per the fleet manager it can take from 10 days to three weeks. Hope you are happy soon! Hozz

1 person likes this.
  18. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    congrats!

i had two dealers working on a IV solar blz prl and then hooked up with stefcat here on PC. The two dealers as of last week still didn't have my car (did not get fulfilled in their first allotments) and i canceled my deposits with them. nobody got hurt.

19. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I took delivery of my IV/Solar on June 9th, in Northern Virginia.
    It was on the Kentucky Highway, which landed in Newark on May 29 - so it took 13 days to get down here from Newark. I know - it's a painful wait!

Dave

1 person likes this.
  20. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ours hit Portland port on June 12th and hit the dealers lot last night. :)