1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TIME CHANGE???

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by DaveinOlyWA, Apr 14, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    So now that its more than a week after the fact, when is the forum clock going to be reset to reflect Daylight Savings Time?

2. paulisme

paulisme New Member

I'm assuming it won't, especially since not everybody and every country oberves it. There's more to the world than America :)

3. cybele

cybele New Member

You need to change that yourself - since you have deviated from your original setting from GMT - just go into your Profile and it'll give you the option of changing your time zone - just pick 1+ hours more than you have set now.

4. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    why should I??

my correct time is GMT-8 for Pacific Standard Time.

or should i just grin and bear it till October?

and besides what difference does it make what the rest of the world recognizes??

the whole point of setting the time was to set it to each one's local time automatically. Obviously it is not working and needs to be addressed. i realize that this is a minor concern and relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

but the downfall of most everything was never a significant event. it was a small thing that built into a big thing.

well small things are easy to fix, big things are not.

5. cybele

cybele New Member

It is working, just not as you expect.

When you filled out your profile, you selected GMT -8, which may have been accurate at that time, but now that we have shifted to Daylight Savings Time, the West Coast is GMT -7.

(More about Greenwich Mean Time and Time Zones of the USA)

6. paulisme

paulisme New Member

It makes a difference because the members of this board are from all over the world, not just the US. Plus I doubt there can really be anything done about it anyway; I'm sure this web site is hosted on a shared server, meaning it's on a server with a bunch of other web sites. Changing the time on that server would mean changing the time for every other website on that server. It's not that hard just to change your settings and then change it back when standard time comes back around.

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well obviously changing it on the server (sic) would be way too much to ask.

i will do it myself as i will find a way to do it one way or the other.

obtw, i am a member of several different forums. i made a quick visit to each to verify this first, but it seems that this forum is the only one with this problem.

now most of the forums i am a member of use PHPnuke. i am not extremely familiar with the PHP used here, but im willing to bet that the problem is fixable. and changing my time code twice a year would not be necessary

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, never thought it would create this much debate :)

I just fixed it so that DST is now observed. I'm looking forward to feedback from our international users to find out if this screwed up their times or not.

9. cybele

cybele New Member

Well, I'm now an hour off.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You're not int'l, you don't count :)

I really don't care either way if it's fixed or not, I think people can change their timezone 2x a year.

11. cybele

cybele New Member

I went into my profile and changed it.

No big deal. Thanks for looking into this Danny. It's a great comfort that you take all suggestions to heart and work for a solution.

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I absolutely agree.

In fact, I think what I said about having to set your clock in the Prius due to DST applies here as well.

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Ad:

thanks for going the extra mile. also, i dont think that this would cause a problem as other forums dont seem to be affected adversely. although i am a member of one forum that is about 20 min off. i still havent figured out how that one happened.

i just wonder why automatic time resets arent just programmed in like they are on your computer.

but thanks anyway.

14. priusfanmh

priusfanmh Guest

OK I will bite seeing as I am in the UK.

As I had manually changed my zone to GMT+1 for British Summer Time the time is now an hour ahead after the tweak by admin.

So I have manually changed back to GMT now and all is well again. :)

It is just a couple of clicks and no major hassle - I am happy to do this just twice per year! You ought to see the number of clocks I have to change :)

Toodle pip!

15. paulisme

paulisme New Member

Yeah, but you're British. You don't count according to the OP.

16. priusfanmh

priusfanmh Guest

What is the OP??

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The OP (Original Poster) said the above as a joke. I believe that's what he's referring to.