1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

time for new tires but...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusish, Nov 2, 2009.

1. priusish

priusish New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i know, i know, there's tons of threads on getting new tires >.< but my case is tad different. so here it goes:

i got my '07 prius on lease when '07 just came out thinking i'll be driving it just local.

one thing led to another & i'm getting master's in Boone, NC while living in Nashville, TN. so, i drive once a month up to Boone & back 10mo out of the year which is not a bad drive.

mountain snakey road took my tires faster than i was hoping for and now i need to get tires BUT my lease is up in less than 5mo. after looking into tires, kind of thought "how about getting some wheels & tires! i'll put the old wheels & tires back on when i turn the car back in &when i get my hands on the new prius, i'll put them on!"

now, my question is this. are there any PC recommended tires & wheels list or post? going from gen II to gen III, would the wheels be compatible?

thanks guys.

2. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So do you have to replace the tires because of the lease terms or just because they're really in need of replacement NOW? I don't think it would pay to get good new tires AND wheels to swap onto the new Prius (another lease?). It'll have good new wheels and tires on it hopefully!
    Do you need to worry about snow at all? I was thinking you could get snow tires mounted, then pull them off and keep them for the new car. Most tire places will include a free seasonal remount of snows if you buy the tires from them. Just an idea!

- D

3. guru_del

guru_del New Member

not sure but all around here you can find used tires, pay 30% of the price of new tires and get some well used ones that will last you the 5 months left on the lease.

4. priusish

priusish New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i'm hoping to get new tires that i'll be able to basically carry em over to 2010 model i'll be getting. middle tn doesn't really get lots of snow but gets icy time to time.