1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Time for the PriusChat T-Shirt! Come give your feedback!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, May 23, 2005.

?
  1. Ash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other (post your suggestion)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    OK, all. It's officially been a year since the 2004 Fundraiser campaign began, and we're about ready to kick off the 2005 campaign. As our Gold & Platinum sponsors already know, a free T-Shirt is coming their way. At the same time that we ship the T-Shirts I'll be mailing out the PC stickers as well.

Now we just need to figure out some ideas for the T-Shirt. I've got a few t-shirt designs that used to be on CafePress before I pulled them down, but wanted the input of our community on what design you all want. I'm thinking a small logo on the left breast, then an image on the back with some text. I was thinking about Ash for a color, unless you all want something more like White. Due to the small # that I'm planning on ordering, I'm not planning on doing multiple colors of T-Shirts, and am planning on sticking to 2-3 colors on the actual screenprint.

So, if you have any ideas as to how you want to the shirt to look, or if you're not a Gold or Platinum sponsor and want to plan on ordering a T-Shirt anyway, please post in this thread!

Once I have them ordered, I'll begin collecting mailing addresses, so watch for a post from me or an email in your mailbox. Thanks again for supporting PriusChat for this past year and I hope you'll decide to continue doing so when we kick off the 2005 Fundraiser shortly.

2. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It would look neat to have the start button with Priuschat inside on the front upper left of the shirt then the Prisuchat logo on the back. Will you be doing any polo shirt designs?

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There a huge temptation (in my mind anyway) to suggest something biting such as "55 MPG is Patriotic" or "Kiss my Amps" but then the logical side of my peanut-brain tells me that subtle and conservative would be better.

To that end, I think a simple (POWER) button lit light green over the heart would be nice. Or if there's a nice quote anyone's aware of speaking to how we don't inherit the Earth from our parents but borrow it from our children, that might be nice on the back. Better even if someone like Teddy Roosevelt or another president has a quote.

Oh oh, I read a things about how if we could improve the average American MPG by 1 we could cut imported oil in half; increase it by 5MPG and we can eliminate imports. . . or something like that. I thought I saw is on GreenHybrid but I've looked for it and can't find it. Was it GreenSteve? But perhaps that would be good on the back.

But I agree that www.priuschat.com should run high across the back between the shoulders.

4. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Re: Time for the PriusChat T-Shirt! Come give your feedback

I'll definitely be ordering one. I've been trying to find a Prius T-Shirt anyway. I like the ideas presented earlier with the power button on the front and the PC logo on the back. Either that or a *big* power button on the back and the PC logo on the breast..

5. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Just a couple of thoughts for consideration.

First, the material could be organic cotton; the heavier the better. Also, when ordering one may want to ask about the shrinkage factor. Clothing is, unfortunately, a product with wide quality specs, so get the best. The incremental cost is nominal. The color could be "natural"; ie, unbleached or chemically dyed; it kinda looks almost dull white or light grey.

I like the idea of the power button on the upper left chest area, with a Prius logo underneath in prius script; priuschat.com on the back, kind of shoulder to shoulder area. The field of the back could be as simple as a big toyota logo or a big stylized planet earth in green and blue.

In developing marketing materials we try to communicate ideas; so keep it clean, simple and bold. That way the message gets across.

Am sure the end product will be a real winner!

6. LisaMarli

LisaMarli Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hm, I would suggest that t-shirt material made out of old bottles. All Recycled Material, very environmentally correct. 8)

I actually have a light brown t-shirt made out of that material, and it very soft and has lasted longer than my cotton Ts. It doesn't shrink. And yes, it was silkscreened and the printing has held up very well, too.

7. Steve Zettel

Steve Zettel New Member

I'll order an XL, ash, dark gray or white. Suggest made in USA Hanes "Beefy Tee" -- a quality shirt that is still reasonably priced and readily available.

I like Tadashi's ideas for logo and start button.

Steve Z
    near Libby, MT USA

8. manolomm

manolomm New Member

Please order me one. Size is 2X-Large. WHatever the color is but ash grey is better

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Some of us (me) look AWFUL in a T-shirt. A black polo would be better, though cost more. I like the idea of a "green" shirt.

10. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

I like Tadeshi's ideas too. I also like green. However, anything is great.

11. Emilyjohn

Emilyjohn New Member

Ash would be fine color. Small profile of both 2001 Prius and 2004-2005 Prius with "Priuschat", all center front. Start button on back.

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I'd go with Tadashi and Tony's "start button" over the heart -- that would be great.

I bought the Cafe Press PriusChat shirt, and will buy this one (unless you go completely off into the ozone and have a cute "Microsoft Clippy" version of the Prius on it).

My one request: the Cafe Press shirt was pretty thin cotton. I'd like something heavier this time if at all possible. More than willing to pay the extra $$ for good quality.

Oh, color. Ash is good; I also like ivory/off-white too. And white is OK too. (Boy, I'm easy to please.)

Thanks Danny!

13. vprius

vprius New Member

I would like to order one when they are ready. The start button idea sounds good and possibly the hybrid/synergy drive symbol above or below the PC tag?

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was thinking about the Hanes Beefy Ts - I'm afraid that something organic would be too cost prohibitive for many people, including myself since the shirts for our Gold & Platinum sponsors are on my dime. I'll definitely look into the prices, though.

15. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Here are some ideas. I made a quickie in power point but for those that do not have it I also made a jpg. Feel free to add more clipart.

16. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks Tadashi!

I wouldn't want to fill everything up on the back. My own top choices would be:

A - 6
    B - 3
    D - 9 (or some similar good quote)

or

A - 6
    D - 2

17. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Organic is nice, and I'd pay for it, but I think your concerns are valid. "Thick" cotton shirt is good enough for me.

(I hope the vegetarians on this board won't object to Hanes Beefy shirts. :D ).

18. wilco

wilco New Member

I vote for

A - 6
    C - 3

or, second choice

A - 6
    B - 3
    C - 2

19. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i would like some color selection since i do have family and i would have to purchase additional shirts anyway and unlike the All-Star Ford shirts my sister has given me,(i have two of em... aint worn either of em once yet...someday maybe) I will insure that they wear their Priuschat shirts at least occasionally.

and on the vegetarian question... Hanes Leafy Tees are fine too.

20. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Tadashi, you're a genius! Thanks for the template.

I've taken it and run with it to design my own shirt. The sizes of the images and text might be all out of proportion, but you get the point.
    Like you, I saved it to a jpeg. I didn't even know Pp could do that. So you've taught me something as well.

The "Breath of Fresh Air" just hit me and I figured it has a better ring than "emissions so low you couldn't kill youself with a Prius and a garden hose."