1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Time period between Allocation and Delivery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by shankyyy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. shankyyy

shankyyy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Heard from my dealer today that they are showing an allocation for the Prius that we ordered 6 weeks back.
    - Does it mean they should have a VIR in hand?
    -Any idea how long does it typically take from this point on to delivery? I hope it reaches before Christmas as I will be on vacation for 3 weeks into mid-January.
    -If the car reaches while I am on vacation, will the dealer hold onto the car or can they sell it off?
    If they decide to hold onto it, will they charge fees any fees? Any dealer input would also be useful - DIanne,others???
    Worst case, if I take delivery in January, I will lose the sales tax rebate.
    Thanks.

2. Jim Clark

Jim Clark Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you have a deposit on it, they'll hold it. I doubt they would charge fees to hold it, it would really suck if they did.

If they just got notification of the allocation, it probably won't be there for at least two weeks, possibly a month or longer. Just call and ask them, they should have an approximate delivery date.

3. Gen 3 for me

Gen 3 for me Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Once my dealer got word of the allocation with my car (Oct 2?) it took 5 weeks for the car to be delivered to the dealer. Overall wait for my order of a Prius II with no port installed options was 4.5 months.T

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When I found my 2010 III with Nav online, the dealer was showing a full VIN at the time and I have no idea how long it had been allocated to the dealer. The date of delivery shown on his web site was August 30. I made a deposit on August 19. I was told that once the car reached the port, Jacksonville, FL in my case, that they could then tell me no more than 5 days to reach them. It reached the port on like the 24th and was at the dealer by the 28th. I picked it up on the 29th.

I hope this helps.

5. shankyyy

shankyyy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    thanks, all. it helps much. the dealer said he has no definitive date of delivery yet. his online inventory does not yet show the car i need.