1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Time to trade in the 2005 Prius -- Help me

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HaroldMelamed, Mar 21, 2012.

1. HaroldMelamed

HaroldMelamed New Member

HI all,

I have a 2005 Prius with the package with all the gizmos and cloth seats. Not sure what the number is.

My wife tells me that it's time to get me a new one. I went to the dealer and I'm confused about the packages.

I love the gizmos but don't need the leather interior. I was looking at Package 3 but it was missing that cool mirror with the HomeLink on it. Are they still selling HomeLink or something similar?

I'm also open to buying last years model too, if the gizmos are the same, like the GPS, Bluetooth, Interface to iPod. The dealer told me about this Entune feature. Is that available in the 2011 models?

Thanks all for your assistance with his.

P.S. Anyone want a 2005 Prius with all the gizmos and 108,000 miles living in Arizona?

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have an "06 #9 and the dealer low balled me for trade in, I grabbed an 11' @ 0% and can sell my "06 for more every day... So what's the offer your dealer gave you, do a kelly blue book trade in comparison to it... Then pick your poison;), err, decide how much you want to spend on electronic toys.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bang for buck in Arizona would be the 2012 Three with solar roof. You don't gain much with the Four IMO so spend the extra cash on the solar roof because you live in a hot climate. :)